Friday, July 24, 2009

Lucky To Be Coming Home Again...

Yesterday at work, I get a call from one of my youth. "Ms. Courtney! What's up?
"Not much, what's going on?"
"Well, we decided we wanted to go to Cici's for dinner tonight! Can we do that?"
"I don't see why not."
"You're coming right?"
"Sure, if I'm invited!"
"Duh! Wait, is hubby coming?" (they've decided Phil's nickname is hubby. Why? Not sure, but it's kinda funny and Phil doesn't mind =P)
"I don't think he'd appreciate it if I went without him"
"Sweet! Ok, I'll call everyone and let them know. You can drive a few of us to the church for VBS though, right?"
"Not a problem. See ya soon"

Impromptu dinners at Cici's + a retired man making free balloon animals, "swords", flowers, etc. + 6 youth = a surprisingly fantastic time :) Not to say I was worried I'd have a bad time, but I had more fun than I expected.

VBS is over and I'm glad to have my evenings back! In order to celebrate, Phil is taking me to a wine bistro and to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat! I've never seen that musical all the way through, but Phil really likes it. I'm just happy to be doing something fun for once during the weekend! I mean, I'm taking the kids to Frontier City, but then I have to be liturgist at church Sunday morning so I'll be working on that as soon as I get home.

Still not sleeping really well, but I think I'm developing a sinus infection. This would explain a
lot of things :-/ At least I will be in Minnesota, celebrating my mom's birthday right about this time in exactly 1 week! I. can't. wait. :D

For some added humor/humiliation, apparently, this is what lack of sleep and having to blow-dry you hair at work looks like at 8 am on Friday morning...

My creation
I know... right?! LOL Don't worry honey, I promise to look better when you take me out in public later ;D

Happy Friday to all!

Peace to you,


"Lucky" by Jason Mraz ft. Colbie Caillat

3 comments:

  1. joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat... so much fun. we did the songs for choir one year and it was a blasty blast. mel and i still burst into song every now and then ("jacob! jacob and sons! a remarkable family in anyone's book!")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um... can we talk about how I totally came to work looking like I put my finger in an electric socket last week and straightened it at work? GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a good show! I definitely enjoyed it.

    HAHA, I know right?! I think Jeri caught me doing it once and laughed because I was using Photo Booth as my mirror! LOL

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...