Thursday, February 11, 2010

In Dreams You Will Lose Your Heartache...



It is only 9:19 am on Thursday, February 11, 2010 and I'm already having a day like this picture. Seriously?! It's not even 10 yet :( I wish I could have just stayed in bed. Maybe watching "Shrek 2" will make me feel a little better. Seeing the sun should would...

Moving on... I do have a request from anyone who reads this blog. I don't care if it's your first visit to my blog, but I am in need of some advice. In almost a month, (WOOT!), Phil and I are traveling to San Diego to visit some really good friends of ours! We'll only be there a few days, but we definitely want to see as much as we can. Now my friend emails me and starts listing off things we could do as a group and towards the bottom of the list she says "and there's always Disneyland". My eyes bugged out and my jaw immediately dropped. I toss my laptop to the side, run up our stairs to the bedroom and scream at Phil, (sorry baby), "GUESS WHAT!?!?!? CARRIE IS OFFICIALLY MY FAVORITE PERSON EVAARRR!! YOU KNOW WHY?!!? SHE OFFERED TO TAKE US TO DISNEYLAND!!! Just for an afternoon, but DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!" Yep, I'm a tad excited ;) I've loved everything Disney for as long as I can remember and I personally believe it's a crime against nature that I've never been to EITHER park before.

So my advice request is....
If I only have about 4 hours there, what is a MUST in your book? I don't even know where to start! I will take any and all suggestions and then let you know the plan once I finalize it :) Sound fair? Great!

I hope y'all are having a better day than me. If you're not, just remember tomorrow is Friday! Yay for weekends :)

Peace to you,

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes" by Cinderella :)

3 comments:

  1. I have never been to Disneyland, only Disney World. I don't know what differences there are to help out. Sorry. :( :( Either way, how exciting! I'm happy for you - it'll be a blast, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you were having a bad day--hope it's better now!

    I'm actually not a huge Disney person, so I'm not much help there, BUT San Diego is my second home, so I do have some other places you MUST go see/experience! :)

    Okay, first of all, I'm not sure if the froyo craze is big in Oklahoma (I'm guessing no, because it wasn't really on the east coast, but what do I know), but you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO go to Yogurt World (http://www.yelp.com/biz/yogurt-world-san-diego). I consider it a wasted trip if I don't go at LEAST once. Try the tart yogurts--amazing. The toppings are great too. I've eaten frozen yogurt eeeverywhere in California and this place is, by far, the best.

    http://www.reidogado.net/ This Brazilian barbecue place is great for lunch. It's 16.95 on weekdays, which is a HUGE bargain for all-you-can-eat meats (REALLY good meats ... they come to the table and carve it for you) and a fantastic Brazilian salad bar with all kinds of really delicious dishes. I think it's something like $40 for dinner, and lunch is almost exactly the same, which makes it a huge, huge bargain. A tip--if you go, park at the mall across the street and get your ticket validated by buying a pack of gum or something in the drugstore. Or, shop. :)

    It's fun to walk around San Diego's Old Town (it's this small old-timey area and there's a lot of historical buildings) and the carnitas as Old Town Mexican Cafe (http://www.oldtownmexcafe.com/index.php) are freaking amazing. Also amazing are their tortillas. Oh man, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

    Walking around La Jolla Cove and looking at the seals is really fun. If you're there around lunchtime, there's a great little fish market that has fantastic sandwich-soup type seafood (http://www.yelp.com/biz/el-pescador-fish-market-la-jolla), or there's this Moroccan place that seems horribly overpriced for dinner but has a really good lunch special (http://www.yelp.com/biz/marrakesh-la-jolla --last time I was there it was like seven or eight bucks for a really good lunch with all kinds of delicious sides), great service and awesome decor.

    Also, the SD zoo is a really good one (although with all the other stuff to do in San Diego I wouldn't reeeeeeally recommend the zoo or SeaWorld), and it's a bit further, but the Wild Animal Park is really, really cool. (I would recommend that one.) If you have a ton of time, Julian is a fun little old-time mountain town with great apple pie, but it's kind of a long drive.

    Have a great trip! Let me know if you need any more ideas. But PROMISE you'll go to Yogurt World!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura: Thanks! I think it will be pretty fun :) We're hoping to go to Disney World for my birthday next year, since I'm turning 25. If nothing else, we'll just be there for the day. I'd love to hear any suggestions from there too!

    Kelly: Those are awesome suggestions!! I absolutely promise to try out Yogurt World. I will even take a picture of me eating some to prove it ;)

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...