Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Poor Head Is Aching, My Sad Heart Is Breaking...

I did survive my week and even had a good score on my Business Communications test! However, starting Saturday, things are quickly going down the wrong path.

I rearranged the furniture in our bedroom on Saturday. I'm the type of person that needs to move things around every so often so that I don't feel stagnate. That of course blew out my back because I'm getting older and my right forearm has been sore ever since. I was confined to a heating pad most of the rest of the day Saturday.

Sunday I was liturgist at church. Our printer at home has some issues so I usually print things off at school or work. Well, I didn't get a chance to do that with my liturgist "script" so I decided to print it off at church. 20 minutes later, the service is about to start and it WILL NOT print. Great. So I write down the prayers and wing it. I did pretty well considering, but I definitely don't want that to happen again. Also, it's the season of Lent. That means it's a more somber type of atmosphere correct? Well, it is in my church. Could you then explain to me why our pulpit supply this week, who happens to be our interim's ordained wife, decided to end her sermon with the choir singing the chorus to "You're So Vain" by Carly Simon? I mean, kudos to her for being energetic and all, but here are the problems I have with that. 1) We're Presbyterians, we don't do stuff like that. We sit in the pew we have for 50 years and never do anything differently. 2) It's Lent. It's not really appropriate to do something like that. 3) It's a little hokey if you ask me. The best part is, the older man in our choir, (who I named my car after because when I accelerate, it sounds like a grouchy old man), who has the key to the choir room got offended by this and left after the sermon. This means, the choir was locked out for awhile after service. So yeah, that was just the service on Sunday. My back was still sore, but I tried to relax as much as I could. I then had a youth group meeting so we could plan our Easter Sunrise service. Of course there was a little fight amongst the siblings about including the Easter Bunny or not. An hour and a half later, we finally get through it and call it a night. I wait for Phil to get home and we're in bed just a little before 1 am.

Monday I wake up and I just can't get myself out of bed. I know my class starts at 8, which means I need to leave the apartment NO LATER than 7:25 if I want to be on time. I finally roll out of bed around 7:05 and suddenly remember my test that was moved to that morning. Great. So I eat something fast and head out to school. First class goes alright and I get my test back. I'm pretty happy with the results and wait for the class to end so I can start studying for my next test. I go buy scantrons at the bookstore and sit down to study. I realize I only have 1 our of 2 power points printed off and my book is in my car. Awesome. I do my best and proceed to do the crossword puzzle in the school paper. Hey, if I cram, I won't do very well. I go to class and the test isn't too bad. There's always a few questions were you think "What are you even asking?! Is this really a question?". Overall, I think I did well :) Then I go home for lunch, but discover nothing sounds good. I eat a small sandwich and an apple. Lately apples have been making me nauseous, but I know I need some fruit in my life/diet. I get back to school, and try to stay awake for my next two classes. By the time my 2 pm class ends, I have a headache, which has been happening a lot lately. I think I'm focusing so hard in that class so I don't fall asleep that I end up giving myself a headache. Cool beans. I get home so that I can nap/relax until a 7 pm meeting at the church where I'm the youth director. After that, Phil and I eat dinner, (Salads from Rib Crib), then go to Edmond for my OIL meeting. Of course there's always drama there and we get home around 11:15 ish.

I had commented the day before that my first cat, Cleo, had been looking really small lately. We feed the cats but she doesn't seem interested. I try to make her eat, but she just drinks water. Concerned, I put her in the large closet with food and a litter box, (so the other cats wouldn't eat her food), to see if she'd eat anything. I check on her this morning and she didn't touch her food at all. I tell Phil I'm getting concerned and he informs me she's been acting like this for about a week as opposed to the 2-3 days I was thinking. So now I'm in panic mode. I just don't want her to be in pain and I hope she's ok. Phil is taking her to the vet this morning. However, if it's really serious, we don't have the money to help her so we may have to put her down. I know that's really worst case scenario, but I'm just so worried :( I've had her for a little over half my life and I do love her. I know I joke about how she's so grouchy and stuff, but I really care. She's my baby! I remember my mom writing me letters when I was at summer camp and she always told me that Cleo would sleep on my bed every night I was gone as if to say she missed me. I'm trying to keep my mind busy at work, but so far it's all I can think about.

EDIT:: Her tests came back and she's going to be ok! Her kidneys are actually functioning really well for a cat her age. She does have a small increase of enzymes in her liver which could show the beginning of something. However, the vet said, as long as she starts eating again by the end of the week, she should be ok :)
I know nothing I've said is super horrible. I just worry that things will get worse before they get better. I'm holding on to hope that everything will turn out ok. *sigh* I'm just a little emotionally exhausted right now.

I hope y'all are having a better day :)

Peace to you,

"When I Was A Young Girl" by Feist

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...