Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Slack

I really need to cut myself some slack.

I'm covering my old office twice this week and twice next week. That's not too bad, but I just started a new housewife schedule of chores last week. Although I'm accomplishing my goals for the day, I'm really exhausted. Between working, the cleaning, the cooking, the baby, and the husband who is trying hard to finish his dissertation... I'm frazzled.

In no way am I complaining about my life. This is why I decided I need to cut myself some slack. I deserve a little time to myself. I deserve to let that pile of books and toys stay on the floor overnight. I deserve to read two chapters of my book tonight for a short escape. I deserve that Route 44 Diet Dr Pepper from Sonic. I deserve to remember that I'm worth spending 10 minutes of adult talk with. I deserve a few moments to cuddle with my husband because I missed him.

I won't lie, having the apartment clean again has been nice. I guess my nesting instinct is still in full force. However, I want to be a little less stressed for the next few weeks. If I'm high strung, it may not be helpful for Phil as he wraps up his graduate education.

If I'm trying to be everything, I will fail. I may not fail immediately, but I will fall flat on my face soon enough. To help myself, I have to let go of my perception of perfection. If I accomplish my chore for the day and something else gets messed up? I will let it go. After all, it's more important to cuddle with my Jillybean than make sure the space around her is immaculate.

On a different note, here are two pictures from the other night I wanted to share :)
{Baby's First Tornado Watch Party} 

 {I may be the only one in this family that will be a scaredy-cat when it comes to tornadoes}

4 comments:

  1. You definitely deserve some slack!! You are amazing :)! Also, call me crazy, but it looks like Jilly's hair looks red in the last pic!! Very cool :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love :)
      I didn't even notice that! HAHA How funny. It's hard to tell, just like her eye color. Some days, we think it's going to be strawberry blonde and other days it looks auburn. It definitely has some red in it which is awesome :) I was hoping for a red head to shake up the Coghill tree LOL
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Yes, please cut yourself some slack! You're an amazing mother and it's fine that you just can't do it all, every day. No one can! What's important is the love and attention you're giving your daughter and you're giving her plenty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend :) I really appreciate the support!

      Delete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...