Monday, October 1, 2012

Playing The Catch-Up Game

I don't know about y'all, but my weekend flew by. I got barely half of our to-do list done. This is partially because this is the first weekend we've been home so our list was pretty long. We got the house mostly baby-proofed, but we have a few more things to do. I really wanted to get a new SIM card so I can use my cell phone again, but that didn't happen. Surely I can do it by Wednesday, but we'll see.

Today I mailed off my partner's box for the Just Add Color Fall Swap hosted by Jessica and Ashlee! I really hope she likes it, and I'm excited to get mine. Other than that, I didn't do too much today. It did start off with me battling not 1, not 2, but 3 recluses. Of course, one of them was pregnant. Ick ick ick!! Luckily I killed the pregnant one, and successfully got away from the other two. Phil can battle those later. I realized that most of my "fall" decorations are actually Halloween decorations. Whoops! I put out what little I had and this is the end result:
{Our doorway to the house}
{Please ignore the cat photo-bomb!} 

{Our mantel}
Like I said, it's a little pitiful, but hopefully I can change that over the next year or so :)
Also, I tried putting a bow in Jillian's hair without a headband for the first time today! It didn't stay on long, but girlfriend was cute like always.
{She smiled really big for the first photo, but looked away shyly as I snapped the camera} 

{Cutie-pie :D}

Good news: our AC will be fixed tomorrow!!! Of course, our first hard frost may be as early as Thursday, but oh well ;) We have a few things to do aside from that and it's the first morning I'm going to work out early. Phil and I have figured out that I can work out before he goes to work on Tuesdays/Thursdays. Monday/Wednesday/Friday I'll go as soon as he gets home. I'm excited to be working out again. It reminds me of when I was trying to lose weight before our wedding in 2008. Hopefully it'll bring about the results I want :)

I hope y'all had a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...