Thursday, March 2, 2017

Baby C: Final Fourth Week 17 Update


I had a good appointment at the doctor today! Not only was my BP 120/88, but Final Fourth's heart rate was 135 :) I'm surprised my BP was so low because we had an exciting morning. David decided to taste some powder laundry detergent that was on top of the dryer. Luckily, it was hardly any so he was fine. However, lots of water and a frantic call to Poison Control was not how I wanted to spend my morning. Did I mention this happened as we were walking out the door to go to preschool? Yep, it definitely did.

Today's date: March 2, 2017

How far along: 17 Weeks 

Total weight gain: It's hard to gauge when I get weighed at the dr because my scale says something different. According my my at home measurements, I am at a loss of 6-7 pounds.

Size and growth of baby: Final Fourth is the size of an onion or a pomegranate! Cartilage is hardening into bone, fat is starting to accumulate, and the umbilical chord is getting thicker and stronger :) {via}

Baby is a: baby! My appointment is scheduled, and I'm ready to find out!

Maternity clothing: Maternity or lounge clothes all the time. 

Sleep: I passed out last night way earlier than I planned! I must be even more tired than I realize. That's the problem with chasing 3 others while pregnant!

Movement: I felt some good movement the other night when I ate some spicy chips! Not much besides that, but my doctor told me it's still technically early to feel lots of movement.

Cravings/Aversions: Cravings and aversions did not change this week.

Morning Sickness: Much better. I even got to eat catfish the other night! I think as long as I don't smell the meat before it's cooked, or have it cooked in the crockpot, I can eat it ok!

Symptoms: A little heartburn, sore breast, little nausea, headaches, gassy, cranky, peeing a fair amount, and exhausted.

Labor Signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first three: I've not really gained much weight back. I've held pretty steady, which is different by this point with the other pregnancies. My temper is much harder to control. Gag reflex still sensitive, though getting better. I don't feel like I do a great job eating and drinking water this time.

The best moment of this past week: Hearing the heartbeat today, getting some good news officially about Jillian's Kindergarten enrollment, and getting a new couch for 75% off!

What I miss: Nothing at all!

I'm looking forward to: Making the ultrasound appointment, feeling more movement, and visiting my folks soon :)
Now to compare pictures :)
{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle Left: David 2013} 
{
Middle Right: Lottie 2016 Right: Lexie 2017}

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...