Thursday, March 23, 2017

Baby C: Final Fourth Week 20 Update

{I look upset, but I'm not! I just fell asleep on the couch while Phil was reading. I am going straight to bed now!}

We had our big ultrasound on Tuesday morning. As far as we know, everything looked really great. However, baby was being a little stubborn, and they didn't get all of the pictures of the heart they like to have at my doctor's office. I get to go back next week, and try again! For now, I have a sense of peace that they just need better pictures because of baby's position. However, I'm always appreciative of prayers and good thoughts that I keep that peace, and that everything will look good. This is especially true since I do have some relatives with congenital heart issues.

Today's date: March 23, 2017

How far along: 20 Weeks 

Total weight gain: I'm at a loss of 5 pounds.

Size and growth of baby: Final Fourth is the size of a banana, or Palmer cookie! They are working on developing taste buds, and swallowing more amniotic fluid both for practice and for nutrition.{via}

Baby is a: baby! We know, and some of our family knows. We'll be announcing at church this Sunday since we're teaching Sunday School, and then I'll do a post on Monday. Keep your eyes peeled!

Maternity clothing: All day, err day. You know how I do, baby boo.

Sleep: I am tossing and turning a lot right now. I may sleep the right number of hours, but it's not very restful sleep.

Movement: Feeling something just about everyday! Even if it's light, I'm thankful for it :)

Cravings/Aversions: Cravings are soft caramels, fruit, and Chinese. Aversions are still the smell of raw meat, cooking meat in a crockpot, and anything that smells/sounds bad at the time.

Morning Sickness: I've felt pretty decent this week. Thank goodness! I did get really hangry yesterday... 

Symptoms: A little heartburn, sore breast, very little nausea, hip pain, headaches, gassy, cranky, peeing a fair amount, round ligament pain, and exhausted.

Labor Signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first three: I'm not gaining much weight because I rarely feel hungry, sensitive gag reflex that I didn't have before, I had a low-lying placenta with Jillian, and I'm the most tired I've ever been. 

The best moment of this past week: Having a good ultrasound, and a fun time with my Second Breakfast Club!

What I miss: Minus my parents, nothing at all :)

I'm looking forward to: Announcing who is completing our family soon, and my birthday!
Now to compare pictures :)
{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle Left: David 2013} 
{
Middle Right: Lottie 2016 Right: Lexie 2017}

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...