Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Little Behind The Times

Ok y'all, I have a confession to make... *deep breath*

I'm having a baby.

I know right? You would think the positive test, the sickness, the kicks and all that jazz would make it real. I had my first major panic attack moment when I realized I'm going to be a mother. I am going to have a child. She will be mine to love and be responsible for until the day I die. What brought this on? A few things have popped up in our apartment lately that have really made me see that this is going to happen. In a few short weeks, I will be bringing a baby home to care for.

It all started with this guy...

I got a Target gift card in the mail almost a month ago from a sweet sweet lady at my dad's old church in MWC. I have been eyeing this highchair for quite some time because I love it's simplicity, (but you have to admit it's adorable!). Anytime I've gone to Target, I notice there is only one box containing this highchair and there is not even a display up for it. Knowing how quickly things can become discontinued, I finally decided we needed to just swipe this before it's gone. With the help of the gift certificate, we only paid about $11 out of pocket for it! How awesome :) Plus, it was already mostly assembled so we Phil didn't have to sweat too much. Now it's hanging out near our dining room table.

Then we got this guy...
Thanks to a woman who works in my building, I snagged this puppy for $7! She has clients that will have estate sales from time to time so she saw this basic monitor, (as in no video, just 3 pieces), and asked if I wanted to test it out to see if it worked. It's in almost brand-new condition and Phil and I had a fun time testing it out. {I think I held up the baby monitor and said something like "This is Baby Alpha One looking for Papa Bear. Papa Bear do you hear me? I am hungry and may have soiled myself. Please report to the nursery for further instructions." Yeah, that's how I roll ;)}

Then yesterday I got a surprise in the mail...
Thanks to a purchase from Inch Bug, I got a free year subscription to Parents magazine! I skimmed through it late last night and boy did that make me feel old like a mommy!

Finally, I got a sweet text last night...
{In case you can't read it, it says "During his report Dad said the smartest and most beautiful baby in the world was coming this Dec. Everyone clapped!"}

Every so often, both of my parents have to attend the same meetings for church related things. After it was over, I got this sweet text from my mama. Both of my parents are pretty excited about their first grand-baby, and I think it's really special that her birthday will be so close to her grandpa's birthday! I'm so blessed to have parents who are trying everything they can to make this time in my life even more special :)

And there you have it. I've finally figured out I'm really going to be a mommy and soon! I am a little anxious but my heart is almost bursting at the seams at the same time. I can't wait to meet you baby girl, but keep right on cookin'! Love, your mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...