Saturday, August 20, 2011

Bébé Week 24 Update



Today's date: August 20, 2011

How far along: 24 weeks

Total weight gain: I actually maintained my weight this week. I am still my pre-pregnancy weight :)

Size and growth of the baby: 
Jill is now the size of a standard letter - 8 1/2 inches and 1 1/2 pounds! Her face is fully formed, she is starting to gain her cute baby fat, and kicking away! {per}

Sex: It's a girl!

Maternity clothes: Pants are maternity unless they are my gauchos from 5 summers ago. I wear a mix of regular and maternity shirts, but it's usually maternity.

Sleep: I'm starting to get the hang of sleeping on my side, but when I wake up on my back, my lower back usually hurts a little.

Best moment(s) of the week: Finishing registering, having Phil feel a good kick and just being one week closer to seeing her beautiful face.

Movement: I feel kicks every single day. She did have a quiet day on Thursday, but she picked back up on Friday. I don't always see the movement outside, but feeling it makes me feel happy :)

Food cravings/aversions: Same aversions as before. Not many new cravings either. I would love some caramel apples, but that will have to wait until the fair next month.

Morning sickness: I still take Zofran everyday at lunch just to be safe. I get queasy from time to time, but overall it's much better than before.

Symptoms: Obvious baby bump, peeing a lot, stretch marks, uterus/lower abdomen feels heavy, baby kicks, lower back pain in the morning, heartburn/acid, gassy, and pretty emotional.

Labor signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

What I miss: Nothing really :)

What I'm looking forward to: Seeing my mom next month, my doctor's appointment on the 31st (minus the glucose test part), and finding out if my placenta has fixed itself.

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome that you've maintained your pre-pregnancy weight! You and your cute bump look great! :)

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...