Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bébé Week 28 Update


::EDIT: This picture is from Monday, 9/19 which would make me 28 weeks and 2 days::
{I will have to owe you a photo later. I forgot my picture outfit and we are out of town today. Sorry!}

Phil and I are in Tulsa for the Susan G. Komen walk as well as the TU vs. OSU football game. I'm actually not attending the game tonight because 1) I walked almost the entire 5K which was impressive, but now my hips are a little achy and 2) the game does not start until 9 p.m. and that's a little late for little ol' pregnant Courtney.

Today's date: September 17, 2011

How far along: 28 weeks. 7 months pregnant and officially in my final trimester!!

Total weight gain: I gained about 3ish pounds so I have a total weight gain of close to 5 from my pre-pregnancy weight. A little more than I'd like to see in 1 week's time, but I'm not too worried :)

Size and growth of the baby: 
Jill is now the size of a Chinese cabbage (close to 15" long)  and weighs close to 2 1/4 pounds! Her brain has been smooth until this point and will now start developing those characteristic grooves and indentations. She can now blink her eyes, has eyebrows and eyelashes, and she is starting to get a little plumper.  {per}

Sex: It's a girl!

Maternity clothes: Almost everything is maternity. I wear my old non-maternity shirts at home or XXL shirts in public.

Sleep: I'm sleeping through the night a lot more, but that makes me dash to the restroom more often during the morning hours of the day. I still wake up on my back from time to time. Overall I'm sleeping well.

Best moment(s) of the week: Passing my 3 hour glucose test!

Movement: I feel Jill moving every day now :) Now that I know she does things like playing with her feet, I find myself wondering what her movements are. Is she just stretching or doing a dance? Is she kicking or rolling around? 

Food cravings/aversions: I don't really have aversions anymore which is nice! I have noticed that there are some foods that just do not sound appetizing so I steer clear. My only craving was miso soup the other night. I wasn't very hungry for anything else. 

Morning sickness: With Zofran, I can eat just about anything and keep it down. However, I have gotten nauseous a few times this week during the middle of the night. Most of the time it's because I ate something I haven't had in awhile and my body didn't like it much.

Symptoms: Obvious baby bump, peeing constantly, lots of purple stretch marks, uterus/lower abdomen feels heavy, baby kicks, some pelvic pain in the early morning or end of the day, heartburn/acid, and gassy.

Labor signs: None

Belly button in or out: In, but not for much longer! I can feel the bottom of my belly button so I have a feeling it'll pop out by the end.

What I miss: Not a whole heck of a lot :)

What I'm looking forward to: Doctor's appointment on Wednesday and my first baby shower on October 8th with family in Kansas City!

1 comment:

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...