Thursday, September 22, 2011

Random Thoughts From A Tired Mama

{via}
{I just really liked this photo :) Plus, I wouldn't mind a nice hot bath myself!}

Even though there are several gray clouds in the sky, I'm a happy girl today. Well, maybe sleepy and happy, but happy none the less. Tomorrow is the first day of fall and today FEELS like fall! Our high is 67 degrees and I love it. I can't wait to put out my fall wreath on our door and then decorate our entire apartment with our Halloween decorations on October 1st!! Man I love this season :)

Yesterday I had my OB appointment. My doctor still doesn't share my stats out loud, but she did measure my stomach for the first time. I got some handouts about fetal kick counting and signs that I'm going into early labor. It's so strange to think that I could very easily go into labor at any moment now. I know I most likely will not, but it's still crazy to think about. I still have so much to do on my to-do list!! HAHA

We're pretty happy that our TV shows are slowly coming back on. A few won't be premiering for a little while, but we can wait. I can definitely tell Phil is enjoying it. I just hope it doesn't distract him if he has some work to do at night. I think I can keep him in line though. We're not really trying out many new shows this season. We've watched "Up All Night" and like it so far, but that's all for now. We will be trying out "Terra Nova", "Revenge" (it premiered last night, but we watched a movie from Netflix instead), "Unforgettable" (we missed it earlier in the week), "Last Man Standing", and "Grimm". Are there any new shows you like so far?

I am definitely slowing down. I'm starting to have a bit more round ligament pain in my lower abdomen, even if I am just laying on my side. Even though I still want to clean all the time, I have less energy to do it. Lucky for me, if I ask Phil, he's usually willing to do it for me. I have offered to sit in a chair and drying the dishes he hand washes so that I feel like I contribute :) He's been great to me and Jill and I'm very thankful for that!

Phil got some great news late last week. First of all, one of his papers is finally on the verge of being ready to submit to publishing. This is a BIG deal! I know getting that first one will be such a load off of his shoulders. After that, he's hoping to get the paper he had to basically start from scratch again at the beginning of the summer into publishing mode. His advisor is still saying he is on track to defend this semester. Let's sure hope so! The second piece of news is, he is getting a part-time job at a company who is using the method he is writing his dissertation over to create better medical equipment. I can't get into specifics just because I don't know much about it myself. The best part about this? As long as he finishes this semester, they could very easily offer him a full-time position! Even though it's not our first choice to stay here, having a job offer period is great :) I know Phil is feeling a little less pressure now and that's going to really help him as he finishes up his final semester ever. I'm proud of him regardless, but we were very happy to receive the news that we did.

This Saturday is my MIL's birthday! She and my FIL will be coming down to spend part of the afternoon with us. We will make dinner and watch the Tulsa football game at our apartment. I've already come up with ideas for snacks. Then Sunday morning, we'll all go to church together where Phil attends church. I think it's going to be a great weekend for sure.

I hope y'all are enjoying your last official day of summer!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for Phil about the paper, and the job!! That is awesome news! And having a job there can lead to having a job elsewhere!! :) Love to you both!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...