Monday, September 12, 2011

Pinterest... You're Doing It Wrong

{via}

I've been noticing lately that I'm doing something to my blog that I do in real life. What is that exactly? I don't post often enough when things happen. This results in my posts being super long. Even though I know most of you still love me, I know you have other things you're doing, other blogs your reading, etc. So I'm going to try something new starting this week. I will try my best to post at least every other day with a short tidbit. I'm not sure how well this will go, but it's worth a shot right? :)

Today I'm going to talk about Pinterest.

But wait Courtney, you said in this post that you probably won't even check it out! Why the change?


Honestly? I'm far too nosey to not at least look ;) So for the past 2 weeks or so, if I feel so inclined, I will head over to Pinterest. However, I'm doing it all wrong.

I've had offers of invites so that I can start pinning away. For whatever reason, I haven't taken anyone up on it. I think part of the reason for this is because of how I'm pinning now - completely incorrect.

I'll go to the main page and just scroll down the page. If something catches my eye, I open it in a new tab. When I get to the bottom, I'll jump back to the top and refresh the page to see if any new things have popped up. Once I've realized that are no new images, I then go through all the tabs. If it's a recipe, I look it over before deciding if I like it or not. If it's a funny image, I usually just make sure I still think it's funny. Once they past the test, I save the photos to my desktop, then I email myself the links to the recipes. It seems like so much more work than just pinning it. What can I say? I rarely do things the easy way. It is my gift and it is my curse.

Now that I've revealed my Pinterest secrets, I'm sure I'll be chased down and forced to sign up, (like those Stride gum commercials). It's not really an obsession for me, and I doubt it will become one either. I will admit though, it's kinda fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...