Saturday, September 24, 2011

Bébé Week 29 Update



Today is my MIL, Darla's, birthday! They are coming down for a quick visit so Phil and I have been busy making plans to make their trip special. We will be watching the TU game later tonight, so hopefully they'll play well. Also, Phil and I have officially decided to get rid of our Target baby registry. It's been over a month now and they still have no answer for us of what's wrong or when it will be fixed. It's disappointing, but something we have to do.

Today's date: September 24, 2011

How far along: 29 weeks

Total weight gain: I lost 2 pounds again this week, which puts me at 3 pounds more than my pre-pregnancy weight. However, I think it's due to my indigestion yesterday which gave me a low appetite. I hope the yo-yoing is ok for Jill. I figure, as long as I'm taking my vitamins daily and eating as healthy as I can, it should all be good.

Size and growth of the baby: 
Jill is now the size of a butternut squash (a little over 15" long)  and weighs close to 2 1/2 pounds! Her muscles and lungs are beginning to mature and her personality is starting to come out the more she moves around my belly. She is continuing to develop fat deposits.  {per}

Sex: It's a girl!

Maternity clothes: Almost everything is maternity. I wear my old non-maternity shirts at home or XXL shirts in public.

Sleep: Overall I'm sleeping well. I've been sleeping pretty hard lately, which means I wake up with my arm or leg asleep.

Best moment(s) of the week: Getting some good news from Phil on the school/job front, having a good doctor's appointment and seeing more and more movement :)

Movement: She's a wiggly worm! I started my fetal kick counts this week and she usually gets her 10 movements in about 25 minutes. Plus, I am now seeing her move positions instead of just kicks which is really neat!

Food cravings/aversions: I don't really have aversions anymore which is nice! I have noticed that there are some foods that just do not sound appetizing so I steer clear. I've wanted spicy food like crazy all week long, and I am dreaming of the caramel apple I'm going to get at the fair next weekend! Fruity Pebbles cereal sounds really good, as does bananas, but I haven't really given in to those cravings just yet.

Morning sickness: With Zofran, I can eat just about anything and keep it down. However, I have gotten nauseous a few times this week during the middle of the night. Most of the time it's because I ate something I haven't had in awhile and my body didn't like it much.

Symptoms: Obvious baby bump, peeing constantly, lots of purple stretch marks, uterus/lower abdomen feels heavy, baby kicks, some pelvic pain in the early morning or end of the day, heartburn/acid, and gassy.

Labor signs: None

Belly button in or out: In, but not for much longer!

What I miss: Not a whole heck of a lot :)

What I'm looking forward to: The next doctor's appointment and my first baby shower on October 8th with family in Kansas City!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...