Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Bébé Deux Week 28 Update


Just a quick update on the last thing I mentioned in yesterday's post: We did find my key!! {Thank you Lord!} It took all day long, but we found it. Of course, it was in the last possible place we looked. Go figure ;)

On a sadder note, I just talked to my mom and she gave me some bad news. Our family dog, Bebe, is in a lot of pain. She was diagnosed with lymphoma about 3 months ago, but was pretty healthy otherwise at the time. My parents tried some steroid injections, but they didn't help very much. She hasn't eaten in 3 full days, so they made the decision to put her down tomorrow morning. Bebe has been a member of our family for 13 years, and it is hard to see her go. If you could think of and/or pray for our family, we would truly appreciate it.

Today's date: September 10, 2013

How far along: 28 Weeks

Total weight gain: 13 pounds

Size and growth of baby: David is the size of a large eggplant! He is around 2-3/4 pounds, and nearly 15 inches long. David can blink and notice light in the womb. His lungs are developed enough that he could survive outside of the womb, (with lots of medical intervention). David is continuing to fatten up and get some chubby cheeks like his big sis :) {via and via}

Baby is a: boy!

Maternity clothing: All clothing, except a things I wear at home, are maternity.

Sleep: Overall sleep has been better. The last 3 days especially have been easy to get to sleep within 30 minutes of being in bed. I wake up between 2:45 and 4:30 a.m. to pee every night, but I'm so sleepy that I crawl back into bed and am back asleep in no time! Not really napping anymore, (and not from lack of trying!), so I try to rest on the couch with my feet up for a least an hour everyday if I can.

Movement: Little movements everyday. David is more of a squirmer than Jillian, but his movements always make me smile :)

Cravings/Aversions: Main craving was brownies, as if that was a big secret around here ;) I don't have specific aversions anymore. However, if I smell certain things, I have to run away fast!

Morning Sickness: I got sick this past week, but I think it was more of something I ate than morning sickness. Still no Zofran!

Symptoms: Obvious baby bump, round ligament pain, back pain, stretch marks reappearing, abs feeling heavy, nesting, gas, movement, trouble sleeping, peeing a fair amount, light contractions if I overdo it, and extremely tired.

Labor Signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first: More weight at this point, I feel more tired with this pregnancy, and no nausea.

The best moment of this past week: Surviving the week. That's about all I got.

What I miss: Nothing at all :)

I'm looking forward to: Cooler weather!

Baby #1 & #2 Bump Comparison:
{Left: Jillian 2011 Right: Bébé Deux 2013}

David Bump Comparison:

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...