Saturday, September 28, 2013

Collection of Thoughts

It's been quite the week around here, so this is a pretty random collection of my thoughts.

  • Phil and I got Starbucks recently because we found quite a few gift cards after we cleaned out our dresser drawers. It was awesome! However, it got me thinking of how I'm in the minority that doesn't like those Pumpkin Spice Lattes. I do love pumpkin, but I think my expectations were too high when I got one for the first time. I'll just stick with pumpkin bread and my normal drinks from Starbucks. {Please don't throw things at me!}
  • Speaking of things I don't understand, I totally related to Shannon when she mentioned Seinfeld. I have tried to watch it several times. Both sides of my family like it and I just don't get it. I mean, I have laughed a few times, but I don't get the overall appeal. Phil is determined to get me to like it, but we'll see.
  • Like many of you, I'm glad fall TV is starting back up! I have only seen a handful of shows since Phil is out of town and I'm not allowed to watch without him ;) I will say, in terms of new shows, The Goldbergs is my favorite so far. Do you have a favorite new show yet? What about an old favorite?
  • The Royals have a winning season for the first time in a decade!! We almost did well enough to be in the running for the Wild Card spot, but we had a rough patch recently. I'm fine with losing the spot in favor of a winning season. No need to be greedy ;) It's just been nice to have a decent season!
  • I'm starting to regret teaching Jillian the word "help." Now, at random times, {and seemingly no reason at all}, she'll just start yelling "hah puh! hah puh!" She will use it correctly 8 out of 10 times though. I just didn't realize she'd be saying it all throughout the day.
  • Phil is getting home late tonight from Seattle. It will be SO great to have him home! I'm pretty jealous because Jillian and I were originally going with him. However, due to a change in how Phil gets paid, we didn't have the money. I missed out seeing my brother, but at least he'll be in town for a wedding next month! Plus, Phil always seem so lonely when he goes to these conferences alone. I think he had a good time overall, but he'll be much happier with his girls {and growing boy!}
  • It's been great having my mom in town while Phil's been away! She helped me get caught up on some house chores, read several books several times with Jilly, shopped, baked, and enjoyed one another. I'll do another post in the next two days with pictures from her visit. I'm so blessed to have her and my dad in my life. I treasure our relationship, and just wish we lived closer together. 
  • The next time I see her, (and my dad), in person will be either Thanksgiving or David's arrival! {Pending which happens first!} I can't believe we're at this point in my pregnancy. Soon and very soon, we'll be a family of four! It'll be so nice to have my parents around too. Hopefully my dad won't have to travel back to Minnesota before David's arrival. We'll just have to wait and see :)
  • For today, I'm just doing a load of laundry and biding my time until Phil's plane gets in late. Do you have any plans for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...