Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Bébé Deux Week 29 Update

For about 85% of the day yesterday, I had a MUCH better day than I have all month! *knocks on wood* I'm hoping this means the rest of September will be kinder.

Today's date: September 17, 2013

How far along: 29 Weeks

Total weight gain: 14 pounds

Size and growth of baby: David is the size of an acorn squash! He is between 2-3/4 and 3 pounds, and about 15 inches long. He is squirming around and growing rapidly! (I had the sore muscles to prove he just went through a growth spurt!) David is growing white fat deposits under his skin, which is making his energy surge. His movements are giving a sneak peek to his personality, (which seems to be pretty laid back in comparison to Jillian). Feeling a subtle twitch? It could be David hiccuping! {via}

Baby is a: boy! Our little David :)

Maternity clothing: All clothing, except a things I wear at home, are maternity.

Sleep: Sleeping well at night, even if I wake up to use the bathroom. If I sleep really hard, I won't usually wake up to pee. Had a really graphic dreams three nights in a row that made me wake up because I was afraid/upset. I guess that is starting now. Took a few naps this week, and that was nice! I don't expect it to last though.

Movement: Started my kick counts and he does really well! Easily gets 10 movements within an hour.

Cravings/Aversions: Main craving this week was tortilla soup, Nutella, and coffee. My aversions were mostly my way of trying to resolve some digestive issues over the weekend.

Morning Sickness: I got a little queasy this week, but it was due to the digestive issues I previously mentioned. Didn't take Zofran, and it is starting to resolve :)

Symptoms: Obvious baby bump, round ligament pain, back pain, stretch marks reappearing, abs feeling heavy and sore, nesting, gas, movement, graphic/scary dreams, peeing a fair amount, light contractions if I overdo it, and extremely tired.

Labor Signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first: More weight at this point, I feel more tired with this pregnancy, and craving more sweet than savory things than before.

The best moment of this past week: Jillian doing better at her class, having all my fall activities up and running so we can get into a groove, and a few little moments where we just enjoyed the life around us as a little family.

What I miss: Nothing at all :)

I'm looking forward to: My mama visiting next week, and Phil going to, (and returning from), Seattle safe and sound! {It'll be the farthest we've ever been apart since we've been married!}

Baby #1 & #2 Bump Comparison:
{Left: Jillian 2011 Right: Bébé Deux 2013}

David Bump Comparison:

2 comments:

  1. Aww hiccups so funny to feel! Aubrey had them all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dreams started from the minute I was pregnant! They have actually finally started to subside. I used to wake up and be so angry at Erin and then tell him how we had the worst first in history in my dream.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...