Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Easter 2014

He is Risen!

If I'm being perfectly honest, Easter is not at the top of my list for favorite holidays. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful to celebrate! I'm usually just so busy that I hardly get to enjoy it. If I didn't enjoy all the things I do, I would not agree to participate. However, this usually means I'm at church 5 different nights during Holy Week, around for every service, and ready to pass out by lunch time on Easter Sunday because I've been up since 5 am.

With Phil's injury, I had to be extra vigilant about getting everyone ready to go and where we were going on time! By the grace of God, we were able to make it to everything in a timely manner :)
{Jillian with the family Easter basket the bunny left for us! She was very excited :)}

{David chilling on the couch before we all got dressed}

I thought I'd be able to get some cute pictures of the kids dressed up before church. My toddler had other ideas...
{Outtakes of David in his Easter outfit}

{He's so adorable in that hat!}

Jillian was unfortunately in a cranky mood most of the morning. This is the best picture I got of her before we left for church.
{Are we done yet mom?}

Then I tried to get them together. This is how well it went.
{Yep}

I did get one decent one of them looking at their daddy!
{That's better...}

Then we did a group shot before we left for church.
{The Coghills on Easter 2014}

Jillian got to do the egg hunt at the church playground! She would say the color of the egg before she picked it up. Then she decided she needed some of the rocks in the playground too. When we got home, there were ants in the bucket :-/ We washed it out, and she still had plenty of candy :)
{Egg Hunt Action Shots}

Like my family growing up, we got home and just crashed. We were at church nearly every day that week, so we were happy to hang out at home in our pjs the rest of the day. We called in for pizza, which is super fancy you know ;)
{nom nom nom}

We had a good day, and we were so happy to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus!

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way. Not that I don't like the holiday, just not my favorite. I always forget to buy Easter basket stuff and color eggs, and then I see other people getting their kids new scooters and bikes and I try to remember when I ever got anything that nice for Easter. We were happy with eggs and candy. It just feels like it always sneaks up on me and I am running around at the last minute to get everything done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. E was grumpy on Easter morning too and refused to smile in any pictures. What's with those toddlers?! It's like they have minds of their own! ;) Glad y'all survived Easter. Holy Week is an exhausting week, but it's so worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say you had an awesome Easter and certainly made the most of your circumstances. I am glad Phil's surgery went well and he is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...