Tuesday, April 29, 2014

David Tries Rice Cereal

Since I am a glutton for punishment, I decided that during Holy Week, and adjusting to Phil's injured leg, we should start giving David rice cereal! Well, it needed to happen anyways because the poor boy was eating an average of 36 ounces a day after we got home from Minnesota. You can see the post about Jillian trying rice cereal here.

Tuesday, April 15th, I got David ready for his first taste of rice cereal! Cuteness ensued...
{All set up and ready to go!}

{Here comes the wind up...}

{and the pitch...}

{GAG!}

{His face told us it was disgusting, but he kept most of it in his mouth}

{Jillian stuck her hand in the bowl of cereal, so daddy had to wipe off her hand}

Jillian asked if she could feed the baby. We reluctantly told her yes.
{Big sister feeding the baby}
{She did well, but she did gag him towards the end. The eating stopped shortly thereafter ;)}

{This is probably my favorite picture ever. It's a little blurry, but it's just hilarious!}

David probably ate about 1/4 of an ounce, but that's pretty good for the first time.
{Overall? A successful first taste of solid food! Next up, Oatmeal :)}

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...