Tuesday, August 25, 2009

These Are Nowhere Near The Best Years Of Your Life...

I know I've mentioned my list of 30 things to do before I am 60. Even if I have, I will remind you now :)

When I was about 20 or so, I read an article in a magazine, (forgive me for forgetting which one in particular), and it had an interview with Mandy Moore. Well, in this interview she revealed 60 things she wanted to do before she was 30. Being inspired, I decided to write my own list! Well, you tend to run out of good ideas when coming up with 60. I mean, you want all of them to be meaningful, but it can be tough. After reading what I had, my wise mother suggested I shorten and reverse the list. This way, I'd have things I truly wanted to do to make my life richer. Now, thanks to my mom, it is now a list of 30 things to do before I'm 60. I know it's quite a long time, but that's the beauty of it. All of these things are what I truly want to accomplish and I'm giving myself plenty of time to do them. We all know how life loves to throw us curve balls. This way I can deal with life as it comes and still get these things done. The bold type shows which ones have been accomplished and explains when I did it. I will post specifically about this list as I accomplish more tasks. Enjoy!

1.) Start a family - Married Phil - 5/24/2008/Jillian - 12/12/2011/David - 12/1/2013
2.) Graduate from college - May 2009 - Associates in Liberal Studies/ December 2010 - Bachelor's in General Studies
3.) See the pyramids in Egypt
4.) Skydive (with someone strapped to me)
5.) Build a 1952 Studebaker Lark by myself
6.) Donate hair to locks of love
7.) Be an extra in a movie
8.) Travel to Japan with Phil
9.) Learn how to use a sewing machine - December 10, 2009
10.) Visit all of the homes of Laura Ingalls Wilder with my children
11.) Write a children's book and submit it to a publisher
12.) Donate $5000 to a charity
13.) Get over my fears of flying and ferris wheels
14.) Travel to all 50 states - (24/50)
15.) Meet someone famous
16.) Learn how to golf
17.) Go to Disney World
18.) Celebrate Christmas in NYC
19.) Take my parents on a family vacation
20.) Invest in the stock market
21.) Have a Guinness in Ireland
22.) Ski with my husband
23.) Go to an Oktoberfest festival
24.) Learn how to surf
25.) Own a home - Bought Home 7/30/2012
26.) Cook Thanksgiving dinner all by myself - Thanksgiving 2007
27.) Make a quilt - December 10th, 2011
28.) Pay off Student Loans
29.) Learn how to sail
30.) Make a Red Velvet Cake perfectly from scratch

"Letter to Me" by Brad Paisley

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...