Monday, August 10, 2009

Oh My Life Is Changing Everyday Day...

I've always loved that song :)



Well, since my last post much has happened. I was looking at my old photos on Facebook, (I know, I know), and I just got really depressed about my weight. You see, I've been exercising at least twice a week, not eating huge quantities and trying to cut back on the sweets. Well, I'm actually not losing any weight at all and in fact, I was flirting with 230 lbs while at my parents' house. I started to get in a mini-fight with Phil about it because I was at my wits-end about the whole ordeal. I don't know what else I could possibly do with the budget we have. Well, Phil suggested I call my mom for advice. Reluctantly I did so, but I'm very glad I did. We talked about some different reasons behind this, but my mom suggested I look into Weight Watchers. She had a friend that did it and lost over 100 pounds. My mom believes that having a support system and a weekly meeting where I weigh in and talk with women (and men depending) who are having the same struggles I am. So, Phil and I talked about it and I decided to go to a meeting Saturday and see if I liked it. I felt somewhat hopeful about it.

After this realization, I received a call from Jess asking if I wanted to go to a comedy night with her and Kim. Since it was free, I figured, why not! I got ready, ended up picking up our friend Claudia and drove across town to Jess' apartment. It ended up being this weird poetry thing before the comedian, (who was very sauced), in between loud music that vibrated the chair I was in. Do I need to mention it started almost 2 hours later than I was told? Yea... so by the time the comedian started, it was almost 1 am. Fantastic. Well, knowing I was going to Weight Watchers in the morning, I apologized to Jess and Claudia and left. I wasn't really enjoying myself and I was pretty exhausted. So I got home and was in bed by 2 am.

The next morning, I went to my 10 am meeting. My leader, Lisa, went ahead and signed me up for the program. She's really nice and she lost 100 pounds on Weight Watchers herself! I loved the meeting and everyone seems really kind and supportive of one another. After the meeting, 2 other women and myself stayed after for the new member orientation thing. I learned how many points I get to eat a day, how to use my points calculator, etc. I was very excited when the meeting was over. I even went home and threw out stuff I shouldn't eat while writing point values on all the other foods! HAHA Then when Phil got home, we went grocery shopping. Now, that is the most I've EVER spent on food, but it was worth it. I got all these fresh fruits and vegetables, some good snacks and some Skinny Cow ice cream bars! Yum! My first official day on Weight Watchers wasn't as successful as I hoped. Now, I did stay within my points, but I was invited to go to Taco Bueno with my youth after church and I didn't want to hurt their feelings. I ate a small bean burrito and split a small order of nachos with Phil. It left me kinda hungry, but it was ok. I didn't get to do a workout, but the youth group went to Celebration Station where I stood up a lot as well as played a round of mini-golf. I'm sure that doesn't really count, but oh well ;)

Now I'm at work. It's been one of those mornings for poor Phil and I hope his day gets better. Tonight is the church session meeting and I'm going to talk to them about an Internet Predator program a woman informed me about. I originally was going to just do it with the youth, but then a member reminded me that adults are also victims as well as our church having members with grandkids who use their computers. I'm sure the session will approve it, but I've forgotten about the last 2 meetings. I just hope I remember this time! lol

I'm thinking of doing Project 365. I have about 3 different friends doing this and I already usually post a picture with my entries on here anyways. If I do start it, it will be on August 22nd. That date is significant to me for personal reasons that I will not go into at this moment :)

Happy Monday to all!

Peace to you,

"Dreams" by Cranberries

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...