Thursday, August 27, 2009

When The Working Day Is Done, Oh, Girls, They Wanna Have Fu-un...

PROJECT 365: Day 6

Riddle me this....
If a student gets to school 30 minutes early, how can he/she still end up being 5 minutes late to class?

If your answer involved parking, you would be wrong. If your answer involved a mishap in the bathroom, you would still be wrong.

The answer is, the student wasn't paying attention. That's right, not paying attention. I got to school with 30 minutes to spare. Knowing I had a quiz in my other class, I decided to review the Synthesis Report for myself. I set my alarm to go off 10 minutes before class and started reading. I could tell out of the corner of my eye that there were several cars going past. I even got a text message at 10:42. After a while, I decided that I had been reading a really long time so I looked at my cell phone. Right as I picked it up, the clock changed to 11:00. Awesome. I jump out of the car and get to class 5 minutes late. Luckily a girl in my class was passing out fliers for a campus clean-up so I didn't really miss any class. I was still a little embarrased. I couldn't even blame parking because I passed several empty spots on the way inside the building. However... it was worth it because I got a perfect score on the quiz!! :D

After that, I came home, ate some lunch and started finishing up my article review/presentation for class tomorrow. I was going to pick up Laci and be her DD since tonight is her bachelorette party, but I just got a text from her letting me know that she 1) has a car to borrow and 2) is still in Dallas because she and Nathan are picking up the best man and his wife. Interesting, but I'm not asking questions. So now I just need to finish my article review, eat dinner then get ready for the party :) I'm very excited about hanging out with some girls! I won't know everyone that well, but I'm sure I'll still have fun anyways.

My picture will be from the party, so look out tomorrow for the photo!

Just remember, no matter how bad your day was today, Friday is tomorrow! We're almost there :)

Peace to you,


"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...