Sunday, August 23, 2009

What A Bright Time, It's The Right Time...

PROJECT 365: Day 2


So today has been busy, yet not so busy at the same time. Funny how that works right? ;)
I woke up this morning to the smell of.... well, let's just say stinkiness. Wonderful. You see, Phil and I have been putting Petey in our room at night so he doesn't mess with our moving piles. Well, he apparently had to use the restroom this morning and we didn't have his box in our room. That being said, we had a "present" in our bathroom this morning. Ugh..

After that, Phil and I went to his church in Norman since he was doing the prayer before communion and the offering. It was fun being able to support him and he did a GREAT job :D Once church was over, we met up with Phil's mentor family. You see, every college student is paired up with a family in the church. Phil was paired up almost 2 years ago to this young couple with two little girls. Well, the man is a resident to be a doctor and was on call today. However, the wife and little girls went with us to McAlister's (YAY for sweet tea!! Yum!). It was good to catch up with them. The youngest girl just started kindergarten and was telling us ALL about her favorite parts.

When we got home, Phil started his Fantasy Football draft thing today while I cooked our dinner. I needed it to be ready so he could take it with him to work tonight. Well, once it was in the oven, I decided to call Annette. You see, I felt there was a little bit we still needed to resolve after yesterday. Turns out she spent the night in OKC so we met up, went to Starbucks and worked it all out :) So she and I outside of Starbucks is my picture for the day.

Well, I still had youth group at 4:30. It didn't go very well and I only had 3 kids. However, I'm still very optimist and I think we'll have a great semester! Well, if nothing else, I'll have fun ;) I took one of the kids home and ate a quick dinner before going to my officer's meeting in Edmond. Well, the meeting didn't last long and I got a text from Jess saying she and Laci were at Cheddar's eating. I got there right as they paid for their food, but we sat and talked a little while. We also had to run to Wal-Mart to get Jess some more eyeliner =P Afterwards, I offered to drive Laci home since Jess lives across town and I haven't gotten to hang out with her as much as Jess. I think that made Jess mad, but I know she'll get over it. Besides, she may not even remember in the morning! Well, Laci and I talked a little in the driveway and I think we had a really good talk that was long over due. I still can't believe her wedding is Saturday! I'm so happy for her and Nathan!

Anyways, here's a picture of us in the car. There were a few others, but they were not very flattering ;P

I promise to take a picture of my bike tomorrow. I keep telling my mom I will and I forgot to today :( Hope that your weekend was good and that y'all have a great Monday!

Peace to you,


"Jingle Bell Rock" by Bobby Helms
(Don't ask, it's stuck in my head =P)

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...