Monday, August 24, 2009

I Had To Laugh, You Know, I'm Not Who I Was...

PROJECT 365: Day 3

I am hoping to get lots of homework done tonight/clean up the apartment. That being said, I'm doing my Project 365 post this afternoon.


Went to class today where we watched a video about the state of Oklahoma. Quite thrilling, let me tell you ;) I did get to give a little blurb about O.I.L. though! I hope someone decides they want to know more. However, I realized this morning that I can't go to the first meeting because Laci's bachelorette party is that night! Oy... well, considering it'll be the only meeting I'll miss all semester, I think it'll be ok.


Even though my picture for the day is my bike, I figured I'd show you a mosaic of just how hard I worked today.

Oh yeah, let me tell you...


I do want to leave you with a story. Yesterday at church we were singing "It Is Well With My Soul". Now, I don't know why, but I rarely get goose-bumps when someone is performing. Even if they're the best I've ever heard, I just don't seem to get them. Anyways, I've heard this hymn a million times and my favorite person singing this is my voice teacher, Catherine. She does it so beautifully. Well, as we were singing it, we got to the third verse which reads "My sin, oh the bliss of this glorious thought! My sin, not in part but the whole is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more. Praise the Lord, praise the Lord oh my soul!" I don't know what it was, but I got goose-bumps at the beginning of that verse and by the time we got to "nailed to the cross" I was teary-eyed and singing louder than I intended. It was very moving and I can't tell you how good it felt :) Happy Monday!


Peace to you,

"I'm Not Who I Was" by Brandon Heath

2 comments:

  1. Your hair is so cute. And I get the goosebumps in church every once and a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :)
    I really think it's one of the few times I truly felt God's presence in church. It was a wonderful wonderful feeling for sure!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...