Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's Ordinary, Plain And Simple...


Well, it's that time of year folks. The time where I pay $100 to drive around 15 minutes to find a parking spot clear across campus, pay over $200 to rent school books for the 3 classes I am taking and to feel really old when all the members of the class of 2013 have awkward cell phone conversations you get to over hear in the hallway. That's right... it's the glory known as "College Classes Start Up Again". Ahh... to be young and lucky enough to have the opportunity for higher education.... or so I'm told.

I won't lie, I was a little nervous about one of my courses since I am retaking it after dropping it last semester. However, I was pleasantly surprised and I am now very confident that this semester will go smoothly. Only 32 more credit hours before that degree is mine! I look forward to that moment more than anything right now. Mostly so I can finally be done and get a job! I do love the job I have now, but I've always liked working over school so I may always feel this way.

Anyrant, I lost 1.4 pounds last week on Weight Watchers! It's not much, but it's a start :) Besides, doing it slow and the right way was the point of joining in the first place. If I learn how to treat my body properly, hopefully I will not have to get to this point in my weight again! Like I said, I'm proud of myself :) Plus, last night Phil and I bought a bike! We were walking around Wal-Mart since there was nothing else to do last night when we ended up in the bike section. Well, I caught a glimpse of one that I just really really loved! It's not pink either! So we took it out of the rack, I sat on it to make sure it wasn't too tall for me and turns out it was only $84! One thing lead to another and I got myself a bike. I wanted to take a picture, but our camera wasn't working. It won't even turn on! It would figure 3 days before I start Project 365 our camera would break :-/

Anysquee, I'll get a picture somehow. Other than all this, I have just been working, doing youth group things and just enjoying my last days of summer. I finalized the youth schedule of events for the fall and I'm really excited about everything! I think the kids will be happy with what I have up my sleeve. Also, I get to send my surprise off tomorrow since Phil got paid today! YAY! I think I'm more excited about sending it then anything :D

Finally, I don't remember if I mentioned it last time or not, but Phil and I are transferring apartments in less than a month! Since we don't have overnight guests often enough to justify the rent, we are going from a 2 bedroom flat to a 1 bedroom 1 1/2 bathroom loft. I can't wait to take pictures! I already have some stuff to decorate it with and we're slowly organizing what we're taking, what we're storing and what we're throwing away. The problem with moving during the school semester is, if you're not super organized about it, you'll get super stressed out. Luckily I have recently become super organizing woman! lol Well, maybe not that organized, but enough to get us through yet another move.

I hope y'all are having a great week!

Peace to you,

"Everyday Love" by Rascal Flatts

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...