Friday, August 28, 2009

Let That Igloo Cooler Mark Your Piece Of Paradise...

PROJECT 365: Day 7


Last night was fun, but I was definitely tired today :)
Today was a fairly typical Friday for me. Not much to report... even from class. The only really interesting thing I did was start the application process to get my Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood going. Apparently there are lots of benefits in the fields of health care and education that would be very useful for Phil and I! However, I need my CDIB and citizenship cards. The deadline for some opportunities is September 1st, so I may not make it the semester. However, this is something that we've discussed for me for years and it will still benefit me in the spring. You see, I'm 1/16 Indian, (I'm sure you couldn't tell with my pasty skin ;P), but I'm mixed Chickasaw and Cherokee. Well, my mom's side is Cherokee and no one has persued getting a CDIB for that tribe. However, my dad, his siblings and a few of my cousins have theirs from the Chickasaw tribe. It's time I joined the family and got mine as well.

Now Phil and I are eating Chinese food and watching the 3rd Indiana Jones movie. We're very exciting people ;) I'm also pretty tired from yesterday so I doubt I'll be up late anyways. Happy Friday everyone!

Peace to you,


"Summer Nights" by Rascal Flatts

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...