Friday, August 7, 2009

I Don't Wanna Keep On Missing...The Color of the Night...


I'm back from my trip to see my folks :) It was so good to see them, even though I had to leave Phil behind. We did 1 big thing a day, (except Monday when I did 2 =P), and it was nice just to sit and relax with them. My mom seemed to have a good birthday and we had some good talks that were long over due. I love my parents so much and the first 200 miles are always the hardest. I had to drive fast all the way to Des Moines so I wouldn't give in to the urge to turn around again. It doesn't get much easier, but I definitely do not have as hard of a time as I used to. I get to see them again for Thanksgiving, but after that, I'm not quite sure when we can get together. I know it won't be a super long time since I know they miss me just as much :) This picture was of the sun setting in Oklahoma. I was about an hour away from home when "Let it Be" by the Beatles started to play. I looked out the window and immediately saw this gorgeous sight. So, of course, I had to take a picture ;) As my mom said, those Beatles knew what they were writing about.

Now I'm just working. School starts a week from Monday (WHAT?!?), so I have 1 last week of summer goodness before getting a brand new schedule. Phil and I were also looking into moving into a smaller apartment in our same complex, but that fell through for now. Our lease is up in October, but I was hoping to move before school started. So much for that one! At least if all else fails, we can renew our lease where we are.

Enjoy some pictures from my trip!

I made some rugelach for my mom's birthday breakfast! They were very yummy :)

My mom's birthday was July 31st, (same as Harry Potter lol). Happy Birthday Mama :D

This is my parents' new home. It's very nice and the weather was almost always this nice the whole trip. I even wore a light jacket on August 1st! That would never happen in Oklahoma ;)

I love my mama!

View from my upstairs bedroom

My dad took me around the lake on their canoe. The public dock is so close, we strapped some wheels on the canoe and walked! He obviously didn't know I was taking our picture HAHA

Yep, I'm a Daddy's girl ;)

I had near perfect driving weather both ways on my trip. Nothing better than mostly clear skies, coffee, some music and the opened road...

Happy Friday all!
Peace to you,


"Wasted" by Carrie Underwood

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...