Saturday, August 29, 2009

All I Want Is You, Will You Be My Bride...

PROJECT 365: Day 8

So today's photo was a toss up. You'll understand why in a moment.

I got to sleep in just a little this morning before Phil had to be at the pharmacy at 9 am. That was fine since I had my weekly Weight Watchers meeting at 10 am. I go to my meeting and I only lost .8 pounds this week. Now, normally I'd be very happy that I lost any at all! This week was kind of rough and I know I slacked a little bit. Well, I was disappointed because I was .4 pounds away from my first 5 pound star sticker. I mean, I know I'll get one next time, but I was very excited about it for today :( Oh well, like I said, I lost something no matter what. It just means I have to work a little harder this week and it'll be worth it :)

Well, I decided to run to the grocery store for some veggies and fruit since we've been out for awhile. I get home and I put the groceries away. I decide to start cleaning and proceeded to turn on all the lights in the room. I felt it was still dark so I pulled our curtains up. Right about that time, I realize one of the windows had been opened and the screen had fallen off. Awesome. THEN I realize I hadn't seen Petey since I got home. Now, there was an instance when he had been hiding somewhere in the apartment, but I was worried he had gotten lost outside. After 10 to 15 minutes of looking, I put some food in his bowl and he came out. Well, today was not like that at all! I start by grabbing some food and putting it in his bowl. Nothing. Ok, so I put some in a cup and start to shake it. Still nothing. I frantically run around the apartment looking EVERYWHERE for this cat and I can't find him!!! Do I need to mention that both of these instances happened when Phil was at work? Didn't think so. So anyways, I grab some shoes and as I'm starting to run out the door, I remember that I heard something like a collar tag when I got to the top of the stairs when I first got home. I open the door and immediately look to my left where our patio furniture is. I see this lump of fur under the table and huge pupils staring back at me. I sigh a BIG sigh of relief and start to soothe him and I picked him up. He didn't meow or purr or anything. I took him inside and let him eat the food I put in his bowl. After that, he was all better. Go figure. So I don't know if he knocked the screen off (it was loose in the first place) and fell with it or if it fell then he jumped out. I don't even know if he wandered around the complex before finding our place, or if he was able to find it immediately. All I know is, I'm SO thankful to God that he came home :) If this is what having children is like, I may not be as ready as I thought! lol But seriously, my heart was pounding!

This is Petey afterwards with the window CLOSED!
This is the view from the window (our screen is on the ground). Yes, we are on the second story too.
So after that whole ordeal, I spent most of the afternoon cleaning/packing more stuff. Nothing really exciting, I promise ;) Then I made a delicious soup from a Rachael Ray magazine (it was only 5 points!) and had dinner with Phil before we left for Laci's wedding.

The wedding was beautiful and I'm just so happy for Laci! We've been friends since 7th grade and we were so close for so long. It was weird not talking to her those years in between senior year and about a year ago. I'm so glad she's back in my life and that she's happy. The picture is from their first dance. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the look on her face. Laci looks so happy and in love. It makes me all giddy inside to know she's found her one and only :D They're off to Vegas for their honeymoon so I pray they have safe travels and a good time :)

I have to be at church early tomorrow because I'm the liturgist and I didn't get the info AGAIN. Apparently, the liturgist from last week didn't get the bulletin early either. Maybe we should remind the secretary that it's important she do that. How can we practice the readings and write the prayers if we don't know what's going on? So yeah...

Hope y'all are having a great week!

Peace to you,



"All I Want Is You" by Barry Louis Polisar

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...