Wednesday, December 26, 2012

We're Alive

Boy do I have a story for y'all.

If you follow me on Twitter, you already have an idea of what happened. I don't like mentioning that I'm going to be of of town until we get to our destination for safety's sake. Well, Wednesday we made it to Tulsa to celebrate Christmas with my in-laws. The plan was: we would drive to Kansas City Thursday, catch the train to Chicago Friday and spend the night, then take a final train to St Paul and be with my parents late Saturday night. It would be a long trip, but would be worth it not having to drive all the way up to Minnesota. Well, this did not happen.

We opened gifts Wednesday night, but I started to feel a little icky. I assumed I ate something that wasn't agreeing with my Metformin. That night, both Phil and I got violently ill. I mean, it was not pretty. We ended up staying in Tulsa for Thursday which meant we would miss our train early Friday morning. We felt well enough on Friday that we were able to drive to KC. Saturday we drove to Des Moines and stayed at a Holiday Inn. The roads were still pretty awful from the large storm earlier in the week. We finally got through Iowa and make it to a cold, but sunny St Paul Sunday afternoon :)

It ws not the best trip, and incredibly stressful at times. However, it as worth it to be with my parents for Christmas! Now that we are all feeling better, I will try and give a Christmas recap in the next day or so.

We figured out Jillian must have gotten a stomach bug at a visiting church because she got sick 2 days later. We got sick in the same amount of time, then unfortunately Phil's folks also got sick two days after we left. Luckily, they are feeling better, and our reign as Typhoid Marys is over ;)

I hope y'all are having a fun, and blessed holiday season.
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds terrible! Sounds like norovirus, as it has an incubation period generally, I think. Ewwwie! Glad you're all ok now though! :)

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...