Thursday, December 6, 2012

I'm Back!

Whoooie y'all. I've been a blur of craziness lately. However, things are looking up :)

First of all, I hit the ground running after we got home from Thanksgiving. I was editing and watermarking photos like mad. Then I ran out of storage space and had to wait until Phil got paid before I could post any pictures.

Then I went knee-deep in birthday party planning mode. I had a few mini-breakdowns, but luckily my mother was able to get me back on track. {Thanks mama!} Basically, we are having an open house style party for Jillian on Saturday so people can come and go as their schedules allow. She reminded me that this party is not to prove I'm a good mother, a good hostess, or a good housekeeper. Anyone coming will understand that I'm already all those things. {Now if they think those things anyways, bonus right?!} We do still have a ton of activities to do this week and next. My main issue is time. Then my parents decided to help since they can't physically be here to help and be at the party. They hired a maid service to do the cleaning today.

Have I mentioned how amazing my folks are? Yeah, they are the best :) I did do some major picking up late last night, but it got done and the house looks amazing!! I feel like I don't really live here it's so clean! HAHA Plus, cleaning various areas of the house every day was about 40% of my to-do list before. I was able to put up the major decorations for the party and it's looking good so far! Can't wait to share it with y'all :)

I made a new to-do list that has no more than 6 items a day leading up to her party. So far, this has kept me in a good place so that I'm not stressed out. As I mentioned yesterday, Jillian started running a temperature. It was right around 100, but she was acting pretty sad. She was very lethargic, not at all chatty, and nothing made her smile. All those things are extremely out of character for her. She was still a little off this morning, but she seems to be doing much better now! We may give her a dose of Tylenol before bed just to be on the safe side since she's still just a tad warm. Because of her fever, I had to bake cookies for the party at 1 am last night/early this morning. However, they're done and everything worked out :)

To make up for lost time, here are the photos I wanted to post last week. Enjoy!
{My sweet little pointer :)}
{Her shirt is from Pumpkin Butter Kids on Etsy

{I adore this photo. Two of my greatest blessings that I will always be thankful for!} 

{Meeting her only cousin, Kora ;)} 

{I want you to get me some pie}
{Ready to chow down!} 

 {While everyone continued eating/talking, Jillian doze off in our room. Grandma was happy to watch her while Phil and I got some pie} 

{A quick change and she was ready to play with Kora through the window again!} 

{With around 25 people, Jillian was w.i.r.e.d. and did not go to sleep on Thanksgiving until close to 10:30 or so} 

{Family game of Rummy!} 

{Jillian chowing down on some animal crackers and supervising the game} 

{The evening after Thanksgiving, Jillian got so congested that it caused her to throw up two different times. This was taken around 5 in the morning after I had stayed up all night just in case she threw up again. Poor girl :( Luckily she seemed to feel better after some rest} 

{I tried to take some festive photos for our Christmas postcards, (which we got in the mail today via Tiny Prints!), and it didn't go so well. I think this photo attempt says it all ;)} 

{Jillian sharing some toast with me for breakfast} 

{Jillian went to her first birthday party as a guest! What did she love the most? The balloons of course!} 

{This one was just slightly bigger than Jillian is! HAHA}

Hope y'all have a great end of the week! Pardon me while I get my party on ;)

2 comments:

  1. What great pictures! Looks like you have been having a LOT of fun!

    A comment on the photo storage thing. I recently ran into this issue and didn't want to have to pay for storage. Did you know that you can go into your photos in Google and edit the size of them? It takes a little time, but you can reduce all or just part of them to a small enough size that they won't go against your limit. It won't affect the way they appear on your posts either! Anyway, something to look into! Hope you have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I had no idea! Thank you very much for the info. I will definitely look into that. Hope you're having a great weekend too!

      Delete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...