Monday, December 14, 2009

You'd Better Not, In A Pear Tree...

Can you believe Christmas is in 11 days?!? Crazy...

My weekend was busy again, but I was happy to have it that way :) Friday I had lunch with Jess and we ran around to do some errands for her. It's been awhile since I've seen her and it was good to have some female friend interaction :) After I got home, Phil and I went to my junior high alma mater, (which is now a middle school), to see the band concert. We got there a little late, but it was... fun? HAHA As fun as a middle school band concert can be ;P We mostly went to support 2 of the kids in my youth group who did a great job! After that, we ran to McDonald's so Phil could have a cheeseburger, despite us having had dinner before we left the house. We then played the new Silent Hill game on the Wii. It's kind of ridiculous in parts, but whatever. Also, a girl from my high school got engaged. When I went to congratulate her, I noticed she mentioned they were going to get married December 26th of THIS YEAR!!! HOLY MOLY! I guess her fiance is from Florida and his parents will be up for Christmas and they decided to just get married when they're in town. Wow... ok, if that makes you happy. I know I wouldn't have traded my wedding day for anything :)

Saturday, Phil and I took 6 of my youth to the Presbyterian Urban Mission Santa Store. You see, during the summer we go to PUM and make food boxes for families. In December, they have the Santa Store where parents get 2 gifts per child, the children pick gifts for their parents and the family gets a food basket. I've been a volunteer at the mission since 6th grade and it just doesn't feel like Christmas if I don't help out with the Santa Store! It was lots of fun, but it was pretty busy. I always solidify my wish to know Spanish in this instance. I felt bad not being able to talk to a few of the families. I did love seeing all of the parents leaving with a smile though :) After the mission, we took the kids to Taco Bell since they worked through the lunch hour. Once they all went home, Phil and I took a nap! HAHA Who knew teenagers could be so tiring?! We got up around 4:45 or so and freshened up for dinner. We had dinner, then fro-yo with Phil's brother Mike and his new fiance Jessica! We had Hideaway pizza and the company was pretty good too ;) It sounds like they're looking at an outdoor wedding on June 4th. So far, I have 4 weddings to go to and at least 2, maybe 3, in the works (aka no ring yet). I offered to help if she needs it. It'll be very exciting to have a family wedding :)

Sunday Phil and I went to Central since it was the big choral extravaganza! I was also liturgist that day and I was a little nervous since I didn't get all the details before the service. Despite having a rude and horribly upsetting encounter with a fellow choir member who is just down right mean sometimes, I made it through the service. I ended up screaming at the top of my lungs in the car, (sorry Phil!), because I was so angry and then started to cry because he hurt my feelings so. Since my mom has had to deal with him before, I called her and she made me feel much better :) It's not important what was said, but I hope this doesn't happen again.

Moving on, Phil and I attempted to beat the last castle in the New Super Mario Bros game for the Wii, but it's really stinkin' hard! We tried for almost an hour to beat just the castle. Then Phil had to go to work so we had to stop :( I stayed home and relaxed a bit. Then I realized it was in the mid 60's outside so I went for a little walk/jog! Obviously everyone had the same idea! LOL I can tell it's been quite awhile since I've done this since I couldn't walk 1/4 mile then jog 1/4 mile for 2 miles. However, I was able to jog the first half of the 1/4 mile then walk to the next marking. I think I got roughly a mile's worth of jogging, but I do need to keep at it. Despite giving me a headache, and now a slight chest cough, I felt much better after getting out of the apartment :) I made a grocery list, went grocery shopping, had dinner then baked some carrot-walnut bread for my mom. She wanted to give it to her former secretary since today is her birthday, but my mom couldn't get it there in time. I offered to make it and deliver it on my lunch break. I hope it tastes ok, but it definitely made the apartment smell good!!

Now I'm at work all day. I'm pretty tired and a little sore from yesterday. I may just sneak in a little nap before dinner tonight ;)

Funny side note: I guess they've been playing the same songs at my brother's job because his facebook status the other was... "not trying to be a humbug or anything, but next person to sing 'santa claus is coming to town' in front of me dies." HAHA my poor big bro! Hopefully he'll get a break soon. I know I hate hearing the same version of the same song over and over, but if it's different artists, that's ok with me. Is there a Christmas song you really don't care for?

Happy Monday!

Peace to you,

"The 12 Days of Christmas" by Straight No Chaser

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...