Saturday, December 19, 2009

We're Movin' On Up To The East Side...

What a day today!

I woke up early and got ready for my Weight Watchers meeting. I didn't go last week because I was so exhausted from finals. I get on the scale and I'm surprised to hear that I lost 1.4 pounds which brings my total weight loss since August to 21 pounds total!! Very excited :) After the meeting I ran home to change and went down to Norman to help my brother move! He's been living in a, *ahem*, pretty awful apartment since May. He was hoping to have a job before now and thought he'd move out around the same time. Unfortunately, archetecture interships are hard to find right now. I'm so happy he found the apartment he did. In fact, here are a few pictures I took for my parents that I'll share with you!

Here's the outside of the complex!
He has a really good view! You can see the top of the stadium from the walkway

The living room. We kind of just threw his stuff inside, but it's pretty spacious, I promise :) He's new apartment is about the same size as his old one... maybe just a hair smaller. Trust me, it's a definite upgrade ;)

He has new carpet, new paint and he has tile that isn't cracking! lol

His little kitchen. Luckily he doesn't do *much* cooking yet so it's not too bad for him. Plus, I bought him some shelf paper as a "house warming" gift and installed it before I went home.

The dining area with Phil looking right at the camera ;)

The little nook that leads to the bedroom on the left and bathroom on the right. Also, his thermostat is there and he has working heat!!

The bedroom

The closet! It's not real big, but then again, he doesn't have as much clothes as I do

And the bathroom! I think they were fixing the tub so the shower doors are on the wall for now. Again, definitely an upgrade from what he had.

So there you go, my brother's new apartment and what I spent my day doing. I wanted to go to a Christmas party in Tulsa, but by the time I would have gotten ready and up there, it would have been over, or near that.

I hope your day was good and if you had snow, I hope you're staying warm!

Peace to you,
"Movin' On Up" The Jefferson's Theme Song

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...