Monday, December 14, 2009

But I Realized Some Bigger Dreams Of Mine...

I was given my first blogging award from The Mrs.! Thank you so much :) The rule for the recipient of the Happy 101 award is to list ten things that make you happy, then ten bloggers who brighten your day.

Ten things that make me happy.

1. Family. I cannot express how much my family truly means to me. Through everything I've gone through in life, they've always been there. I am blessed beyond belief with the people in my life I call family :)

2. Hearing an old song either on the radio or my iPod that takes me back to a specific memory of happiness. Right now, "Fifteen" by Taylor Swift is making me relive some moments that make me smile. Nothing like reliving a moment through music!

3. Driving in the car on long road trips. I know most people say they love to drive, but I really do! If I'm really stressed out about something, I just imagine driving down the highway with the radio up and no one in sight.

4. Warm drinks. I love the warm-all-over feeling I get from drinking a hot chocolate, green tea (or chai tea) latte, homemade tea, etc.

5. Rainy days that I can stay home for. I love cuddling on the couch and watching movies when it's raining outside. It makes me content enough to make me fall asleep


6. Planning weddings. I have wanted to be a wedding planner since I was 14 years old. I love finding old traditions, blending them with new traditions, and just celebrating love. Weddings get overwhelming if you get too caught up with all the little bitty details. That why I love explaining this to future brides and helping them sort through everything so they can focus on the true meaning of their wedding day, pledging to spend the rest of their life to their best friend :) Aww... who doesn't love true love?!

7. Surprising people with gifts. I love Love LOVE to give presents to others and I always have. I love the look on their face when you give them something great, (or really unexpected in my dad's case with his ice cream cone hat!). Even when I went on out of state trips for choir, I'd buy one nice thing for myself then spend the rest of my money on other people. I love to spoil my loved ones, as long as I have the money ya know ;)

8. Jamaica. Oh my goodness I want to go back so badly. Phil and I had such an amazing time on our honeymoon, we vowed to go back every 3 years. Only 1 year, 5 months and 9 days until we can go back :) It's just so beautiful, the food is amazing, (fresh fruit plate anytime you want!), and if it rains, it's not even humid afterwards!! Take me back please

9. Church work. Despite the things that go wrong or the times I've felt used and unappreciated, I love being active in church. I love giving up most of my Saturday to help at the local mission's "Santa Store". I love being a youth director even if I don't get paid. I love being liturgist on the Sundays I know what I'm doing. I would never trade my activity level at church for anything. Besides, if you put nothing into it, what will you get out of it?

10. My job. Now trust me, I don't love it everyday. However, I love knowing what I'm doing. I love having to problem solve different issues instead of the same ones over and over. I love that, if it's slow, I can surf the net or watch a movie! I love that I know my boss and coworkers well enough to feel comfortable around them 95% of the time. I love that my boss is incredibly understanding about my schedule and never tells me I can't be off on certain days. I seriously have the best job ever!

For my ten bloggers who brighten my days, this may not do much since I don't have 10 that read me regularly (that I know of)! I'll link to the blogs that I enjoy (minus The Mrs. who gave me this award in the first place ;P). This award is now yours...

7. Kelly
10. Hubby (who hasn't updated since he joined unfortunately =P)

Peace to you,

"Fifteen" by Taylor Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...