Friday, December 18, 2009

Got No Money In My Pocket, But I'm Already Here...

My energy has officially been zapped by the sinus infection bug...
My nose has been runny, my chest has been congested and my nose is starting to get chapped from all the Kleenex I've gone through. I partially blame Phil since he had something similar he just got over. It's probably a mixture of sinus stuff and something he brought home from the pharmacy. I keep telling him he needs to buy some hand sanitizer and disinfect himself before he gets home. Maybe now he'll listen to me!

I had a pretty cool day at work yesterday! You see, I work in an office as a sort of middle man between plumbing manufacturers and distributors. I've worked here for almost a year and a half and I have never met any of the people I speak to on the phone, nor have I see some of our products in person. So, with school being done, one of my bosses took myself and ms. co-worker lady ma'am around to a few showrooms and offices around the metro area. It was so much fun getting to meet people and see our products! I had lots of info thrown at me, but I think I retained *most* of it. You know when you see pictures of toilets or faucets, sometimes really fancy stuff, and you just think.. "oh, that looks nice". Well, once you see it in person, it's much more effective and I finally got to get product names and numbers with a mental picture of the product! Also, none of the people we met looked like what I thought they would! All in all, it was a fun day :) Then I went home and just relaxed. That's always a nice feeling! I also got to have a video chat with the folks. I can't believe they'll BE here in just 9 days!!! I miss them so much...

Today I'm at work for the morning before running lots of errands and putting a roast in the oven for dinner. This should be interesting to see... Oh, and about 30ish minutes after getting to work, our internet AND phone lines went down! How on earth do you run a business with NO lines of communication?!? Well, my job got REALLY easy there for about and hour. We called Cox and they said they already had someone out there working on it. We were finally back in business around 10:15 or so. Now it's crazy day since people are expecting to get stuff fast and with only 1-2 more business days before an extended holiday for our manufacturers, that's going to be pretty hard to accomplish. Ah well, we'll do what we can :)

Hope your last weekend before Christmas isn't too crazy and that you take time for yourself, (even if it's just for 10 minutes), and just breathe and relax :)

Peace to you,

"Tik Tok" by Ke$ha

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...