Tuesday, December 15, 2009

If There Is Love In Your Heart And Your Mind...

Nothing, no nothing, could ruin my mood today. Nope, not even burning the tip of my finger while roasting chicken for dinner tonight. Why am I in such a happy mood? I got my grades today for the semester. Even though I only had 2 classes this semester, I had many other obligations that took up a lot of my free time, plus I had many health issues to deal with. Despite all of this, I got an A and a B! My semester GPA is a 3.5!! My grades haven't been that great since summer of 2008! So so happy and proud of myself :)

Now I kept checking the website before I had work this afternoon. Around 11:30, I checked one last time before making the 30 minute drive to work and I saw I had one grade up. It just so happened to be the State & Local Government class I'm retaking and I got an A!!! I literally squealed and Phil thought something bad had happened. LOL Silly boy! He gave me a hug and I had to throw my coat on and run out the door.

Have you ever been driving down the road and noticed a nearby driver dancing? It could be as simple as bobbing their head to the music, playing air drums, or full out making up choreography to a song you cannot hear. Y'all, I was one of those people on my way to work. I turned the radio on and it was already on the all Christmas music station. This station happened to be playing the song "Feliz Navidad". I was full out dancing and singing as loud as I could. I was shimmy-ing and waving my jazz hands in the air. What happened next has only happened to me a few other times in my life. The circumstances around those instances were a) when I had curlers in my hair on my way to church, a solo contest or just me running behind and b) the one time I wore my oversized, heart-shaped sunglasses the 90 mile trek down the turnpike just for fun. I was passing a large tow truck on the right side while having my private concert full of spanish flair. As I'm about to pass him completely, the truck starts to speed up in order to watch me just a little more. Yes, my semi-private show suddenly had an audience. No matter to me. I feel like, if I can be someone's funny anecdote for the day, then by golly, I'm honored :)

After that, I had celebrated enough and focused on getting to work. The problem with working anywhere within a 5 mile radius of a mall, (let alone within a 10 mile radius of TWO malls), there is never an easy route to get to work. Luckily I got there right on time and I continued to check the website for my missing grade. I am fortunate enough to work at an office that lets me have internet access or I would have gone nuts! Since we weren't very busy today, I watched the movie The Holiday and finally got notified about my other grade at about 3:30! Of course, after that, my day couldn't be ruined :D I got home and stuck a chicken in the oven. Despite being burned on the tip of my finger from trying to rotate a piece of squash cooking and the chicken taking longer than expected to cook, it was delicious and totally worth the wait!

I then hung our stockings and last curtain rod so that I can make the two remaining curtains necessary for my parents post-Christmas visit! With Christmas being 10 days away, I thought all of my gifts were taking care of. However, my loving and wonderful husband reminded me that we haven't gotten gifts for each other! Ooops! Sorry baby :( So now I'm on a mission to find a nice gift for Phil... that's under $20. Wish me luck!

I hope all of you had a wonderful day as well and that all of your presents are either purchased or at least picked out ;)

Peace to you,


"Where Are You Christmas" by Faith Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...