Thursday, December 24, 2009

We Hear The Christmas Angels, The Great Glad Tidings Tell

Here's a quick update to let you know I'm still alive :)

First of all, Merry Christmas Eve to you all! I hope you are enjoying some much needed, and deserved, time off from work and that you are with your loved ones in a nice warm setting!

Sunday was pretty busy for me since I had church, make some cookie dough, had the youth group Christmas party and finished picking up the apartment for the big clean the next day. Monday I cleaned ALL day, picked up our wedding photo book from the photographer, (it's BEAUTIFUL!!), baked and iced cookies for my presents and took my brother to dinner since he'll be home for Christmas instead of joining us in Tulsa. Tuesday I worked in the morning and then Phil and I went up the turnpike to T-town :) I just want to say that I have THE best job in the world. I love the work and I love being told, not just at Christmas, how much I'm appreciated. I think it helps that I go to church with my boss so he runs a very loving office. It's helping promote good skills for the future and I love the perks I get, including not having to battle for days off! :) Yep, best job ever. No arguments to the contrary will be entertained now or ever!

We're under a blizzard warning, but it seems that home, OKC, is getting the worst part of this storm! They've already had 4" of snow and the Christmas Eve service at church was cancelled around 11 am! Phil and I traveled to the in-laws and we're having Oklahoma snow for now. I call it Oklahoma snow because it is basically ice pellets that looks like snow once enough as accumulated. My brother was able to call in at work, but that also means he wouldn't be able to make it up here because the roads are awful :( I hate that he's alone on Christmas!! Also, I saw some facebook updates that there was a 50 car pile-up in Midwest City that included 2 police cars and an ambulance!! If you're driving around, PLEASE be careful and get home SOON!!! No one should be out in this awful mess :( If you're doing last minute shopping, I'm sure your loved ones will understand if you can't get they something until after. Just remember, your safety comes first! If your loved one doesn't agree... maybe you should re-evaluate your relationship!

With the weather being terrible, we went to our family Christmas dinner around 2:30. It's a good thing because the drive home was pretty rough. We ate at Charleston's and had an nice time together. Now we're just trying to find stuff to watch on tv. I should get to do a video chat with my folks tonight so that'll be fun! Even though I won't get to see them as soon as we originally planned, I'd rather know they'll be safe then have them here either hurt or constantly worrying about their trip.

Despite the weather and delaying family time, I just want to talk about how wonderful this time of year is. Even though my in-laws do not specifically celebrate the birth of Jesus, (it was explained that their church celebrates the birth AND death of Jesus every Sunday of the year), I want to express how thankful I am for the greatest Christmas gift ever given: the birth of Jesus Christ. Without his birth, the ultimate plan God had would never have played out. I am forever grateful to have a God who loves me so much that he would sacrifice his only son so that I may come home to him when my time on Earth is over. He is wonderful and loving and His name be praised NOW AND FOREVER!!!

If that offends you, know that is not my intention. However, I do not apologize for this is the joy in my heart and with this being my blog, I feel that I needed to proclaim this good news, if nothing else, for myself! When you have joy in your heart, you just got to let it out!

Peace to you,

"Oh Little Town of Bethlehem"

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...