Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Teary Eyes and Spider Bites

In the past week, Miss Jillian has learned the fine art of crying with tears. She has discovered that it makes mama move faster than normal, unless we're in the car (in which case mama drives faster). It is absolutely heartbreaking. I mean, imagine this cry...

with tears welling up in her big dark blue eyes and two big crocodile tears rolling down her cheeks. Break my mommy heart. I think the fact that she doesn't cry much at all makes it that much harder to take. I love my happy baby and I would do anything to keep her smiles and silly faces all the time.

Also, I couldn't get a good picture, but we're about 98% sure Jillian was bitten by a spider. She has these two scabs on her right hand that are just too perfectly spaced for it to be a scratch from her nails. Of course, being the mama bear I am, I went into "I'll kill that spider who touched my bebe!" mode. Phil broke down her little bassinet, (including taking the sheet off the mattress), and of course the spider was gone. We kept an eye on the wound as well as her temperature and she seems ok. The scab is starting to fade so all is well. I'll just say I pity the fool spider that bites my bebe!! Yeah, apparently mama bear is half Mr. T ;)

Happy Hump Day!

2 comments:

  1. Nasty old spider! They better stay away from our girl. Love you all, Grammy Darla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grammy Darla :) Hopefully that spider was a one time deal!

      Delete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...