Friday, February 10, 2012

Quilts, Ninjas, and Love

I don't think I mentioned this, but I finally finished my quilt right before Jillian arrived! I started this quilt back in December of 2009. I wanted to do a baby quilt because I'm lazy I figured it would be small enough to handle since I'm new to the process. Being so much like my astrological sign, I got distracted and/or hit road bumps because I'm not familiar with quilting or using a sewing machine. I was very close to finishing this fall so my mom offered to help when she came for Jillian's birth. I finished two days before Jillian came into the world with my mama's help, (and the grace of God because that sewing machine was not going down without a fight). It has lots of mistakes, but it is made with love. Plus, it accomplishes something else on my list of 30 things to do before I'm 60! Since we live in Oklahoma, it is cowboy themed, but the other side is brown with white polka dots.
{You better believe I was hiding my huge belly with it ;)}

I definitely won't be getting the mom of the year award. The last two times I put a headband on Jillian's head, it fell over her eyes while she took a nap. She looked so much like a ninja, I just had to take some pictures! Of course, if I were a better mom, I would have fixed it without the pictures. What fun would that have been though?
 {What is going on here?}

{I said no pictures mom!} 

{The next day? Sleeping through the whole ordeal}

I've been seeing a lot of people posting their love stories lately in honor of Valentine's Day. I know I have a short version on my long winded about me. However, I may do a special edition on Valentine's Day because I lurv my man :)

Happy Friday y'all!

6 comments:

  1. Aww I LOVE the quilt!! You did such a good job!

    and what a horrible mom! haha JK I would've done the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! HAHA It was just too hard to resist ;)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous quilt!! :) And what a cutie!! Happy Friday xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Jillian says you're pretty cute yourself! ;) xoxo

      Delete
  3. Wow that really is a beautiful quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...