Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My First Baby Shower

I got some of the photos from my mama from my shower this weekend! I did take my camera, but it died early in the day and I knew someone would have one I could borrow. My cousin Stacy took the photos during the shower. I had so much fun! Not only did I get some lovely gifts, but my sides were aching from all the laughter we shared. I am truly blessed to have such a loving, and hilarious, extended family. That's the nice thing about large families :)

The shower took place at my cousin's house in Kansas City on Saturday. There were 10 of us, including myself, and they were all cousins and aunts besides my immediate family. This will be picture heavy, so please be aware.

My sweet little cake! 

Myself with all the presents before we started 

We played two games! The first one was a word scramble, which I ended up winning :) 

I believe this is the aftermath of the second game, which was a memory test. We had 1 minutes to look at a bunch of items and then write down all the ones we could remember. My cousin Denise won this game, but all the seasoned ladies of the family were joking that they had an unfair advantage ;) 

All the mothers were asked to write advice on an index card that was made into a little booklet for me. My cousin Jessica read all the advice aloud. 

My mama and I with the cake.

All the ladies of the family :) 
{fyi, it's my dad's side of the family} 

Julia, myself and my mom 

The first of many, many cute outfits Jill received! 

I thought this cupcake outfit was appropriate from Jessica because she likes to decorate cakes and bake! 

According to Julia, my brother picked this outfit himself! 

I knew I'd be in the photo so I tried to pop my head up in time ;) 

More cute outfits, but these are larger sizes for her to enjoy later! 

My mama is precious 

We teased them that they look like they're in a singing group together, so we made them pose after the shower ;) 

Phil, Mikey and Juila. The boys came downstairs once they coast was clear, but I think the main motive was the left over cake.  

Phil and I after the shower :) 

These are my younger cousins trying the word scramble. They apparently didn't think "stork" was a real word HAHA

Like I said, we had a ton of fun and Jill has some really cute outfits to wear :) I am only exchanging one outfit for a larger size. It seems like she's set for 3 month clothing, so I hope I'm not underestimating. I am truly thankful for the love we were shown and I can't wait for my next shower! This may sound silly, but I was a little upset by how large my arms looked, so I'm definitely covering them for next time. What can I say? I'm a crazed pregnant lady who's too hard on herself. Though I did enjoy seeing a definite baby bump in the photos!

3 comments:

  1. Aw! Looks like a great shower! Isn't it so FUN? :) Now you get to go through everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too cute! I bet that was such a blast, getting all the pretty little gifts! I can't wait to see your precious girl in a few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You looked gorgeous! And it looks like it was fun :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...