Friday, October 21, 2011

Things Are Getting Real

50 more days. 50 days until the date forever etched in my heart is here. Even if Jill doesn't come on her due date, December 10th will hold a special place until I know her true birthday. It doesn't seem real sometimes. I feel her moving, I get queasy, and my joints are starting to get out of whack. Yet, I can't believe I get to experience motherhood. I cannot fathom that I am one of the lucky who can assist God with the miracle that is my child. A child made in His image that Phil and I will love every single moment until we breathe our last. It is scary, exciting, amazing, and so many other adjectives that I could list. I just hope that we're ready. Deep down, I know that we are. Deep down, I know that God is in charge. I just cannot believe how blessed I am today :)
*****
Last night was our last birthing class. We went over a few breathing and visualization techniques for labor before touring the hospital. It only took 1 hour to get through everything. We even had a labor "pop quiz" so to speak. It was verbal so it wasn't for a grade or anything, but it is a lot of information to remember. Overall I really enjoyed the class. I told Phil I expect him to be able to deliver Jill without medical assistance now, though I don't think he took me seriously ;) Next on our class agenda is "Taking Care of Your Baby" in mid-November. It'll go over how to bathe, swaddle, etc. I mostly wanted to take it for Phil's sake, but I'm total cool with sharpening my own skills. We may end up rescheduling the "Infant CPR" class since the only date available in the next few months is December 9th. The nurse said that would be no problem, but we'll wait and see what happens with Ms. Jill. If she comes earlier enough, we might just make it on that day.
*****
Since my body is slowly breaking down on me, (i.e. pelvic pain, muscle pain, can't bend forward, etc.), I'm now making lists of everything I can. What can I say? I love lists! We are almost done getting all the items for if we are snowed/iced in the apartment after Jill arrival. Once that is done, then we'll work on the list of dry goods that I want stocked in the kitchen before her arrival. I mean, what's the point of freezing meals ahead of time if you have nothing else to eat?! There are a few things I have to wait to do until closer to my due date. Some days I feel like I need to get everything done RIGHTTHISSECOND, and other times I feel like there's so. much. time. left. Anyone else feel like that? Even if it's not baby related? I'm sure it's mostly my nesting instint. That sucker has been strong for several months now. Even when I'm really really tired, I still want to do something on one of my lists. It's a sickness really.
*****
Phil's first day at his new part-time job went so very well! He had all kinds of stories to tell when he got home and he just seemed so happy. In fact, he was kind of sad it's not a full-time job because he was not eager to go to school today. It really is motivating him to finish on time, but let's hope his advisor feels the same way. It could be the baby thing, but I'm trying to have a little faith in the advisor that he won't hold Phil back just because. Oh grad school...
*****
With fall finally arriving to Oklahoma, my office officially turned on our heater yesterday. Thanks to my hormones, I was burning up and it was only 74 degrees! At lunch time, I took one of our small fans to work and now I'm comfortable again. While everyone else is enjoying some warmth, I'm enjoy a light breeze at my desk. Some day I'll be normal again, right? :)

Hope everyone has a great last day of work/school this week before the weekend starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...