Thursday, October 6, 2011

I Can't Help But Brag

I'm going to brag a little about this guy right here...


I know I'm a little biased, but some days he really blows me out of the water. In this case, it was last night.

I saw this picture on Pinterest yesterday, and I thought is was a pretty sweet thing for a guy to say.


Then last night, as we were going to bed, I didn't feel too sleepy and wanted to talk. So we talked a little about what has been bothering me lately. Then, Phil stated a few things that have been heavy on his mind as well. After talking them out and giving each other reassurance, I wanted to end on a happy note. I asked Phil to name one thing he is looking forward to. Before he even answered, I was formulating my answer in my mind. Things like sleeping in, not working the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy, being able to bend forward comfortably, etc. Then he hit me with this:

"I think I'm looking most forward to 4 a.m., where I can brew a cup of coffee in our Keurig, get a bottle ready for Jill, and watch some late night TV, or Netflix, while I spend some time with my daughter. It should be the last twoish weeks of December and hopefully I will have defended by then and can enjoy some time with her before my job starts."

All of a sudden, my responses seemed selfish and silly. I looked over at the man that I love and fell in love with him all over again. Thank you Lord for such a wonderful man :)

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...