Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Boring Tuesday Morning

I have to confess that I didn't take any pictures of food this weekend... because I didn't take any pictures :( Fail fail fail on my part. In my defense, we switched to our old Nikon Coolpix camera so I didn't have to worry about my new(ish) camera and it had really low batteries.

We did have a great weekend! The fair was great, TU won, and Arkansas managed to win as well! I got my caramel apple, a roasted ear of corn and a large cinnamon roll. I couldn't find a kettle corn place, but luckily there was a vendor at the TU football game so I still got my kettle corn :) I was pretty good about not being on my feet too much, and I even sat down for the entire TU game. However, the drive to the in-laws was rather uncomfortable, so I laid on my left side as soon as we got there. I felt a little better at the time and by the time morning came I only had some pelvic pain. It did scare me a bit so I am definitely taking it really easy from now on.

The only problem with going out of town for the weekend is your DVR stays full. We have SO much to catch up on and I don't know when we'll have time! We may just have to buckle down on Wednesday night and go at it. We usually only have "Up All Night" on Wednesdays so we should get a good chunk taken care of.

We had a slightly scary day with Cleo. I don't want to go into details, but we saw something disturbing in the litter box and made an appointment with the vet. Of course, we're told that at 14 years old, it could either be a minor thing or the first sign of cancer. Oh great. Even though we've talked about when her time comes and things like that, it's still sad because she is my first baby. Phil had to take her alone because I was still at work. We had already talked about, if it is a really bad, we would just go ahead and put her to sleep. I got a call from Phil about 30 minutes after the appointment was supposed to start and apparently Cleo is the healthiest cat for her age that our vet has seen in awhile. In fact, he said she may live to 18 or even longer than that. It is very good news and the vet told us what we need to look for in the future. My mom commented that, if I had taken her alone, she probably would have needed to be put down because I was alone! I'm just thankful that she's happy and healthy :)

Hope y'all are having a great week so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...