Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wednesday Checkup and Update

You are all so very sweet! Thank you for the comments about my shower :)

I can tell my first trimester symptoms are coming back slowly. Even with my Zofran, I've gotten a few small waves of nausea the past two days. It's nowhere near what it was before at least! I also crashed in bed at 7 p.m. I know right?! I was fine when I got home so I started dinner for the two of us. After we ate, I went to the bathroom and then made my way to the bed. I can tell tonight is going to be the same. I hate being behind with the DVR, but this mama needs a nap.

We had an OB check up this morning and it was really crowded! {I don't know if I've mentioned this or not, but due to the two big snowstorms earlier this year, there's a baby boom going on here in Oklahoma. My hospital alone is reporting a 20% increase in babies born in September and October than what they usually have. I don't know about you, but that really tickled me ;)} After waiting a bit, everything seems to look and sound good. It did take about 20 seconds for Dr. V to find Jill's heartbeat which did make my heart skip a beat (just a little). I felt her moving this morning so I knew she'd be fine. I guess I'm just gonna be one of those mothers :) I got to ask a few questions as well, which made me feel better. It's crazy to think that my baby to-do list is getting shorter and we're becoming more prepared for her arrival. I know we need to be, but I guess I just never thought we'd get there. It's definitely a nice feeling :)

Also, my parents may be able to come for Thanksgiving!! They'd fly of course, but it will be great to see them! Phil and I were planning on just a small one with the two of us, but my mama really wanted to come one last time to help with any last minute setting up. With Thanksgiving coming up, my dad was able to swing a visit too! That makes my heart so very happy. I know it won't feel like enough time, but I will love every moment.

With my last day of work in sight, 11/11, I've really tried to not let things upset me. I was getting to the point where I would sigh very loudly before answering the phone because I just knew the person was going to irritate me in some way. My b.s. tolerance has been quiet low since becoming pregnant. Plus, it seems like some of our customers have forgotten the limitations I have and get a little frustrated with me. Technically, I just answer the phone and enter orders. I do not have lots of knowledge on every single manufacturer we represent. I have some limited knowledge on specific ones, but not all. I try to remind myself that it won't be for much longer and I seem to calm down a bit. I'm sure Phil will appreciate me not coming home and telling him every. last. problem. I had with people that day.

I hope y'all are having a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...