Thursday, October 13, 2011

Tires, Jobs, and Food

Life decided Phil and I are a little too boring right now. Phil blew a tire yesterday coming home, but luckily he was almost home and it happened an hour before rush hour. He's fine and nothing is terribly wrong with the car. However, guess who gets a new set of tires for his car? All I can say is, thank you Jesus for credit cards. We have the money in savings to cover it, but that's supposed to be reserved for when I'm no longer working. We should be able to pick up the car around 4:30 pm today. This works out great because we have our second night of birthing class at 6:30. We'll have enough time to eat some dinner before heading to class. With all of the "exciting" things that could happen right now, I'll take new tires :) It's a simple, albeit costly, fix and I'm happy that things turned out ok.

In other news, it looks like Phil will have his orientation for his new part time job on Monday! He hasn't officially started yet because the company is still figuring everything out in terms of part-time employees. However, it looks promising that Phil will be starting up pretty soon!

I don't know if anyone else had this issue, but it seems like I want to eat whatever is advertised at the time. I see a burger commercial and I want a burger. I see Halloween candy and I want to eat that. I see a character on a tv show with eggs rolls nearby and I want egg rolls! I think the main thing to do is not give in to every whim I have. It's still important for me to eat healthy and not overindulge. I don't count my single scoop of vanilla ice cream with Hershey's syrup though ;) I am also getting more tired and queasy than I have in awhile. I'm hoping it doesn't get much worse like it was in the 1st trimester. Even if it does, I know Jillian is absolutely worth it! However, the sudden acne on my chin? Those can go away. At the very least, if they would stop coming in threes, (one at a time is enough), that would be helpful.

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Haha I have that problem with food advertising too - except I'm not pregnant I just eat food a lot ha ha! Hopefully I'll still have that problem down the road when I'm pregnant and can somewhat justify it :) Glad the tire situation wasn't bigger than it could have been!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...