Saturday, October 1, 2011

Bébé Week 30 Update

{This picture was taken at my in-laws since we are out of town this weekend}

Today's date: October 1, 2011

How far along: 30 weeks

Total weight gain: I gained this week, which puts me at a 6 pound gain total.

Size and growth of the baby: 
Jill is now the size of a head of cabbage (a little over 16" long)  and weighs close to 3 pounds! Her eye sight is still developing and her vision is at 20/400 (meaning she can see objects only if they are a few inches from her face). She is also strong enough to grasp a finger.  {per}

Sex: It's a girl!

Maternity clothes: Almost everything is maternity. I wear my old non-maternity shirts at home or XXL shirts in public.

Sleep: Overall I'm sleeping well. If I do wake up at night, I can get back to sleep pretty easily which is nice. I have had lots of weird dreams lately. 

Best moment(s) of the week: Watching Phil enjoy the museum exhibit we went to and watching Jill move when I do kick counts :)

Movement: She's a wiggly worm! I started my fetal kick counts this week and she usually gets her 10 movements in about 25 minutes. Plus, I am now seeing her move positions instead of just kicks which is really neat. She also pushes against my belly a lot, so we keep joking that she's trying to escape! LOL

Food cravings/aversions: I don't really have aversions anymore which is nice! I still want some steak quesadillas, Fruity Pebbles, and deviled eggs - not necessarily at the same time ;)

Morning sickness: With Zofran, I can eat just about anything and keep it down. However, I do get a little nauseous from time to time. I've noticed it's usually if Jill is super active, or if I have been pushing myself physically.

Symptoms: Obvious baby bump, peeing constantly, lots of stretch marks, uterus/lower abdomen feels heavy, baby kicks, some pelvic pain in the early morning or end of the day, heartburn/acid, and gassy.

Labor signs: None

Belly button in or out: In, but not for much longer!

What I miss: Not a whole heck of a lot :)

What I'm looking forward to: The next doctor's appointment and my first baby shower next with family in Kansas City!

Just for fun, here I am at 20, then 30 weeks

1 comment:

  1. Aw, yay! Love the updates and wow, what a difference 10 weeks makes! 10 more weeks and she'll prob. already be born, whoa! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...