Monday, October 10, 2011

Bébé Week 31 Update

{Pardon the big hair bump. My camera died shortly after this photo}

Sorry I didn't do my bebe update on time! I didn't even think to ask how to use the WiFi at my cousin's house and was way too tired last night when we got home. The photo was taken on Saturday, when I was officially 31 weeks!

Today's date: October 10, 2011

How far along: 31 weeks and 2 days

Total weight gain: Between 7.5 and 8 pounds to date.

Size and growth of the baby: 
Jill is now the size of a 4 navel oranges (over 16" long)  and weighs over 3 pounds! She can turn her head from side to side, and she is continuing to plump up. Her irises are also starting to react to light.  {per}

Sex: Sweet baby girl!

Maternity clothes: Only a few shirts are not maternity, but they are XXL to accommodate the ever-growing belly.

Sleep: Overall I'm sleeping well. I do have some cramping in my calves at night, but I can usually stretch my leg out before it gets too bad. 

Best moment(s) of the week: Seeing my parents, (especially my daddy), and having my first shower with my fabulous family! I am truly blessed :)

Movement: She's my squiggly worm for sure! She doesn't really kick that often anymore, but she's always squirming around. Phil says he can hear her moving all around when he lays his head on my belly. I just love feeling her move throughout the day.

Food cravings/aversions: No major aversions, thank you Jesus! I still want some Fruity Pebbles, a root beer float, and tomatoes are sounding good as well.

Morning sickness: I still take my Zofran at lunch, but I've been feeling a little queasy at different points in the morning before I take it. I read that morning sickness could come back, so I hope to keep it at bay for the rest of the pregnancy. Plus, there's a certain smell in our bedroom/bathroom that reminds me of when I was really sick at the beginning of the pregnancy. I can't figure out if it's a soap, cleaner, or just the apartment, but I need to figure something out.

Symptoms: Obvious baby bump, peeing constantly, lots of stretch marks, uterus/lower abdomen feels heavy, baby kicks, some pelvic pain in the early morning or end of the day, heartburn/acid, and gassy.

Labor signs: None

Belly button in or out: In, but it looks like it'll pop out by the end

What I miss: Not a whole heck of a lot :)

What I'm looking forward to: The next doctor's appointment, my final work day (November 11th!), and my next baby shower!

More comparison fun.... 21 weeks and 31 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I'm sorry you're feeling a bit queasy again, though. Ugh! Hope you get that figured out. I got your sweet thankyou in the mail the other day :) yay! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...