Saturday, September 5, 2009

What Have You Done Today To Make You Feel Proud?...

PROJECT 365: Day 15

I'm sure you've noticed I've been absent for exactly a week. Well let me tell you... aside from not having much happen in my life and my allergies going nuts due to our packing and organizing for the move next weekend... I just haven't had the energy. I'm sure you can relate. The point is, I'm back :)

Today my picture of the day is that of my first 5 pound star sticker from Weight Watchers! I missed getting it last week by .4 pounds, but I lost 4 pounds total making my current weight lose at 8.6 pounds!! I'm so happy and proud and most importantly, motivated. This is what I needed to remind myself I CAN do this! It was a wonderful feeling for sure :) Also, this is the second annual Lose for Good campaign! For every pound lost, Weight Watchers donates $1 up to $1 million. Last year, WW people lost 4.5 MILLION pounds and my meeting place is taking donations. For every 5 pounds of food you bring in, you are entered to win this AMAZING goody bag! Sometimes I can't seem to stay motivated for myself. However, since I tend to focus on others, I think this will be good motivation for the next 6 weeks. Wish me luck!

I ran to the grocery store for more fruit, bread and cereal. I found some Tuscan cantalope on sale. I don't know how much different from regular cantalope it is, but I'm going to try it anyways. When Phil gets off work, I'm going to suggest we go bike riding! I haven't been on my bike for awhile and I'd love to ride it since it's so nice outside. Other than that, my Saturday is pretty quiet and I'm not complaining!


Now let's go back in time so that I can show you what I've been up to.


PROJECT 365: Day 9


I know, I know, this isn't my photo. However, being my first offense for forgetting my camera, I feel I deserve a little slack ;)

I had church in the morning then youth group that afternoon. We were GOING to go roller skating, but apparently 2-5 is the fall hours and they're still on summer hours at the skating rink. So, last minute change of plans... no problem. I only had 3 boys so I took them to the park to get a snocone, my treat. Well, they decided they wanted to play sand volleyball so we ran to Target, purchased a volleyball then played for a little while. We had fun and it was good to be out on such a beautiful day anyways.


PROJECT 365: Day 10

So this is how my Monday was. It was pretty awful. One of the many things that went wrong involved getting a parking ticket during the 10 minutes I was trying to find out where my new permit was. I had ordered it online 2 weeks before and I never received it in the mail. Turns out, you have to pick it up at the parking office with your school ID. Ummm... that's NOT what the website said but whatever. I sent in an appeal so I'll find out if they'll give me a break or not on the 15th. I told them I can provide a time-stamped receipt of when I purchased the sticker online. Thank goodness I didn't throw that away! I just stayed at home to avoid the world the rest of the day. I was just waiting for September to get here so the day and month would be over with!

PROJECT 365: Day 11

My Tuesday was a bit better. I went to class, then spent most of the afternoon cleaning the carpet. We had lots of stains we wanted to get out so we weren't charged when we move out of this apartment. Well, Phil and I went to the local grocery store and rented one of those carpet cleaners. I cleared the area, vacuumed the floor and started going at it. The problem? It was cleaning anything. I don't know whether it was the machine or if the stains were just that old, but I knew this couldn't end well. Then I decided to Google, "how do I get old stains out of my carpet?" Yes, I did type exactly that =P Anyways, I got this website called The Barefoot Lass and it had a homemade recipe of 2 T of liquid laundry detergent, 3 T vinegar and 1 qt of water. I used an old toothbrush and went to town. Oh my... I was SO IMPRESSED! I mean, it was a lot of work and took a long time, but it made the stains disappear! I was very happy. The picture of my homemade cleaner next to the machine was going to be my photo of the day, until my brother called me up :) I actually told my mom earlier that I wanted to call him and invite him to dinner. Well, he kind of beat me to the punch! He was in town to do some insurance stuff and asked if we could do a quick lunch since he had somewhere to be later. So we went to Chick-fil-a and caught up. It was really good to see him and just catch up. By catch up, I mean I talked his ear off and he answered whatever questions I threw at him ;) Since we didn't have much time, I invited him to dinner Thursday night since I was making meatloaf and he agreed. I love my brother :D

The battle of the carpet cleaners!


PROJECT 365: Day 12

Phil and I got a card from Petsmart, I mean, Petey got a card from Petsmart. LOL technically it was addressed to Pistul Pete instead of Pistol Pete, but whatever ;) His birthday is September 26th and it said he would get a free toy with a $10 purchase. Well, we wanted to get him a new food dish set since his is too small, so we went and got him some cute bowls! Then we were trying to pick out a new toy and that took forever! Mostly because we weren't sure what he'd play with. We ended up getting a stick with feathers, streamers and a bell on the end. Boy did he go to town! LOL he just likes toys that make noise and are slightly flashy. I'm glad he likes his gifts. Happy early Birthday Petey!


PROJECT 365: Day 13

Even though Mikey came into town for dinner, I forgot to take a photo. So my photo of the day is all the furniture we donated to Salvation Army. My old daybed, bookshelf and dresser. They served me well, but we have nowhere to even store it with our new apartment. Hopefully someone else will be able to enjoy as much as I did :) Other than that, I had a meeting at school, then Phil and I watched "Friday the 13th". You see, I'm apparently not well versed in movies. So our Netflix que is dedicated to me and my cinema education. Since there are around 70 horror movies alone I haven't seen, I decided to move them all to the top so we can get through them all before the new year ;) I'm not a huge horror film fan, but some of them are classics like "Friday the 13th", "Jaws", ones by Alfred Hitchcock, Steven King, etc. We'll see how it goes ;)


PROJECT 365: Day 14

I decided that Phil and I were in need of a date night. Since he got paid recently and I was getting paid Friday, Friday seemed like the perfect time :) After class and work, Phil met me at work and we went down the street to Pei Wei for dinner. We split both an order of edamame and honey-seared shrimp on brown rice. I felt pretty full and it was super delicious! I have noticed we don't have much to talk about :-/ That makes me a little sad, but I'm sure we're just out of practice! LOL Since we had so much time before our movie, which was in the mall theater, we walked around the mall. We got some great tarts from Yankee Candle since they're on sale for $1, then we stopped at Teavanna. We went to this store in Mall of America, but one of our local malls just got one a few months ago. We saw a beautiful cast iron tea pot that we're going to have to save up for, but saw how it can be a beautiful centerpiece for our dining room table! I have such great decorating things for our new apartment that I can't WAIT to show off ;) Hopefully we can get the pot soon. Then we went to the movie and shared a small popcorn and Sprite. We saw Inglorious. It was one of my first Quinten Tarantino movies and it wasn't so bad. Obviously it is not historically correct, but it was still a decent movie. However, it was longer than we thought. It was 10:30 when we got to our car! Well, because I want to continue with my cinema education, we watched "Friday the 13th Part 2" when we got home before going to bed. All in all, it was a good day.

Well, that's all for now folks! I hope y'all are having a great weekend as well :D

Peace to you,


"Proud" by Heather Small

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...