Sunday, March 11, 2012

Italian Sausage Rigatoni

We had another quick and easy meal this week! I'm pretty sure it came from an ad for Johnsonville sausage, but it was still a hit with us. Again, if I made any changes to the recipe, I make note of it with italics.

Italian Sausage Rigatoni

Ingredients
1 pkg (19.76 oz)  Johnsonville Italian Mild Sausage Links, grilled and coin-sliced
1 pkg rigatoni pasta
3 Tbsp olive oil (We used vegetable oil because we are out of olive oil)
2 cloves of garlic, minced (We used about 3 cloves because we love our garlic)
1 large red pepper, chunked and sauteed (We omitted this)
1 jar (26 oz) of your favorite pasta sauce (After the Spaghetti Sauce Affair, we used 3 - 8 oz cans of tomato sauce that we spice ourselves)
2 Tbsp parsley, chopped (We omitted this)


Directions
1. Cook sausage according to package directions, keep warm.
2. In a large pan, place oil and garlic, saute lightly for 30 seconds. Add peppers and cook until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
3. Combine cooked sausage and pasta sauce with peppers and heat until warm. Mix with the pasta or serve separately. Top with parsley. Serve warm.


Enjoy!
{Italian Sausage Rigatoni}

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...