Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Catching Up

I think things are finally back to normal around here. Once I got home, there were some things I needed to take care of. You know, important stuff like:
  • go grocery shopping
  • do the laundry
  • take some Easter photos of Jillian
  • order Easter cards
  • pick up the apartment
  • celebrate a birthday
  • watch all the shows I missed on the DVR
The one thing that was lost in all this? My workout routine :( I can tell it has been awhile because my back is starting to ache. I made the decision to go to bed early tonight so I can get up and work out! Except for my birthday, (which I felt I deserved a little slack), I have been tracking my caloric intake. Because I fell off the Metformin bandwagon and am starting the dosage over, I didn't lose as much weight as I thought I would last week. However, things are looking up and I will be doing an update on the Sunday.

Can you believe Easter is less than 2 weeks away?! That seems so crazy to me! Jillian has a follow-up hearing screening on the 3rd, and her 4 month appointment on the 10th of April. It's going to be full, but we can make it :)

We did officially hear on Monday that Phil's defense has been pushed back to May 29th. This is going to make things a little harder for us financially and I'm pretty bummed since I was getting excited about the prospect of a house. I know this just means it'll be later than I wanted, but it was still disappointing. Phil is taking the news well, all things considered. I think he's just so focused on the goal that he's not allowing himself to get too frustrated. That's a better attitude for him to have. Plus, we know that it's May 29th or bust at this point. He won't be able to defend any time after May 31st and we're not sure his job offer would stand if it was any later. I'm sure we'll look back on this time and laugh about how scared and nervous and frustrated we are. We've just got to make it through the next 2 months.

For a lighter note, here's one of the photos I took of Jillian for our Easter photo shoot :)

2 comments:

  1. Aww I love the photo you took of Jillian! So colourful and cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! She was quite the sport for me :)

      Delete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...