Wednesday, June 30, 2010

You'd Better Lie Low...


{via}
Today has been rough physically. I had an ultrasound at 9:45am. I had a regular over the belly, then an internal one. I've had several of these before, but this felt like it lasted forever. Then she told me to wait and her supervisor ended up doing an internal one herself just to double check things. Phil and I came home and relaxed before my 1:45pm appointment with Dr. Vaughan. We went in and she pretty much gave us the explanation of what happened. It sounds like I started to have a miscarriage earlier, (hence, me thinking I had a light period), and I just didn't push everything out. So now I am on this regimen to bring my hormones to zero. I had to do more blood tests, (my poor veins are turning purple and blue :'( ), then I had two deep hip (aka butt) shots of methotrexate, which is apparently a low dose chemo medicine.

There was a funny moment though. The nurse who administered the shots was really sweet and took me into a small room as an outpatient. She tells me a little about what will be happening, the side effects, what I can do for relief, etc. Then she tells me the two shots are deep hip. Hearing hip, I'm thinking it's the front of my hip near the ovaries and my hip bone. Being scared of needles and of what's going on period, I start to get a little light headed. Once she explained she means my butt, I felt a little better. However, she took my vitals and of course my blood pressure was *cough**cough* a little high HAHA. After the shots, they let the patients rest for 20 minutes, check their vitals again to make sure there are no negative effects of the medicine, then let them go. So when they checked my blood pressure again, it was back to normal :) It was really painful, but now I'm able to sit again.

I will have to go on Saturday to check my blood again to see if my hCG is going down. If it's not, I'll get another shot. Hopefully being just at 96, I won't need another shot.

Other than that, I'm still doing pretty well. Again, I'm so thankful for all of you and your sweet, sweet comments here and on twitter. I love you all!


Day 01 - Your favorite song

Day 02 - Your least favorite song
Discover Simple, Private Sharing at Drop.io


"Billionaire" by Travie McCoy (ft. Bruno Mars)

Day 03 - A song that makes you happy
Day 04 - A song that makes you sad
Day 05 - A song that reminds you of someone
Day 06 - A song that reminds you of somewhere
Day 07 - A song that you know all the words to
Day 08 - A song that you can dance to
Day 09 - A song that you want to play at your wedding
Day 10 - A song that you want to play at your funeral
Day 11 - A song that makes you think of your best friend
Day 12 - A song that is a guilty pleasure
Day 13 - A song that no one would expect you to love
Day 14 - A song that describes you
Day 15 - A song from your favorite album
Day 16 - A song from your favorite band
Day 17 - A song from a band you can't stand
Day 18 - A song that makes you laugh
Day 19- A song that you wish you could play
Day 20 - A song from your childhood
Day 21- A song with great lyrics
Day 22- A song you love with no lyrics
Day 23 - A song that you can play on an instrument
Day 24 - A song that you could never get tired of
Day 25 - Your favorite song at this time last year

I feel like I need to explain this choice. You see, I don't know what it's like where you live, but this plays on the radio all. the. time. That's no even the worst of it. If you recall some of the teen movies from the late 90's, early 2000's, (like this fine movie), a few of them had a large group dance at prom, like High School Musical's entire franchise. Well, when this song plays in a public area, I hear the singer coon "I wanna be a billionaire...", then the ENTIRE place I'm at will join in as loud as they can with "SO FREAKIN' BAD!" That's it. No other lines of the song but that. And I mean literally, everyone but Phil and I will do this. Once we were at a froyo shop and I'm pretty sure the workers did this too. Oy...

Peace to you,


"Violet Hill" by Coldplay

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I hate that Billionaire song, too, and so does Jon. It's annoying!! And it is on the radio a lot out here, too. Booooooo

    *hugs to you* I am thinking of you, girl. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so nice of you to drop by my blog!!! You almost made me cry!! So sweet! I see not only are you an Oklahoma girl, but your an OSU girl as well!!! Bravo! We are so on the same page!! :) I haven't had a chance to browse your blog yet, just wanted to stop by and say thanks! Your so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...