Wednesday, June 9, 2010

So Set 'Em Up Joe...

Hey!
I'm still around, but I'm pooped! Between the family wedding, (which was beautiful), the co-worker wedding, (which was also amazing), work, my summer class (ceramics), and the heat/humidity, I'm about ready to call it quits and take a 2 day nap! Don't get me wrong, I've had a great few weeks. I'm just ready to get back to my usual schedule which includes updating my blog more often and reading my favorite blogs :) I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding this weekend, but after that I'm done. Summer is still a little crazy after June. I'll have GA in Minneapolis the first two weeks of July. Luckily I get to spend that time with my folks as well :D I will miss Phil since he can't take off from the lab. Maybe we can video chat!

A year ago today I posted about two different things and kept something else in my heart. I talked about the future for Phil and I and how we were unsure of where God would take us. As far as I know, we still have no idea ;) However, I am officially graduating this December and we'll find out later this summer if Phil will be finished at the same time! If he's not, it's not the end of the world. It wouldn't hurt though HAHA! I also posted about my boss' mother passing away the day before from colon cancer. I re-read that post and teared up. She was a wonderful woman and I can't believe it's already been a year since she went home. I made sure I told all my loved ones I loved them yesterday :)

What I kept in my heart was the fact that I knew by this point I was late with my period. In 10 days, I'll have the anniversary of the day I miscarried. It's going to be really hard and I'm not entirely sure what I'll want to do. All I know is, I'm so blessed to have the husband, family, and friends that God has given me. No matter how I'll feel, I know they'll be there and I won't have to experience it alone. That makes it a little easier to bear.

I hope y'all are doing well!

Peace to you,

"The Queen of Seville" by The Clientele

2 comments:

  1. Anniversaries are so hard. I'm so sorry for your incredible losses and hope you find peace and comfort on the anniversary of your miscarriage especially. <3

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...